i need theme ideas for blonde mac enclosure!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
Got this little TV unit from my sister in law, its 70cm high x 38cm deep x 68cm length. We are planning on making it for our evil little blonde mac Lillith but are stumped for a theme. They come from a range of locations so not too sure which to go with. Hubbyhas already done red desert for our bredli, rainforest for the jungle, got a ruin tank coming for the diamond, planning a grasslands/homestead one for our md who we haven't even picked up yet!

So, I need suggestions for our blonde mac tank. She is still only little, so she will get a fair while out of it. Pic below of enclosure. door already installed in the right hand side and the front will be perspex

shell.jpg

Oh, if you have any pics of ones that you think would suit please put up :)

well fine since people looked but didn't answer we went ahead and did a cave theme. I really wanted a hogwarts theme, but hubby wasn't into that.
so here is the foamy cave thing which will be rendered on friday with out diamond enclosure we are doing
foam.jpg

Last edited:
Rofl, I've been scanning google images for "small snake" themes but come up blank, you could have always checked out one of the previous threads where people were trying to guess my next theme, that would give you a few ideas, flintstones was one.

oops! is it to late to suggest this???
pink-barbie-doll-teen-bedroom-furniture.jpg

Cant help you out with a theme, sorry.
Just wanted to mention that when I made my tank I found that perspex was quite flimsy. due to it only being secured top and bottom.
If you have not used perspex before test before you buy.
I had some glass cut and it wasn't much more than the perspex and alot stronger.

lol thanks jaz, flinstones would have been interesting!

oppo - we get industrial grade perspex from hubby's work for free. it has a ten year gaurentee against fading and warping and all that kinda stuff. if it does then we will change i guess

I set up a couple of my enclosures to look like a yard with junk laying around. I have a watering can laying on its side, shoes, and slate propped up on bits of timber and bird boxes. All things you see laying around where you might find a snake hiding one day.

I also want to set up one of my carpet tanks to look like the inside of a shed - roof rafters, a tap, stack of hay, all miniature of course. lol

Castle was another suggestion, maybe you could morph your cave into a castle !

Oh c'mon mysnakesau, you cant tell us about your backyard enclosure and not show pics, How mean !

yeah i wanna see these yard enclosures!

jax - i still think hogwarts would be great, but hubby rekcons its too complex. maybe i can buy the new harry potter lego and set it up for an enclosure :p

remind hubby that you are only "creating the illusion" *insert spooky ghostly music* as long as you can find a couple of key elements that are easily recognisable to Hogwarts then the rest can look 'close enough'

I did see one once, i think it was about 18mths ago, and i may have even saved the pic for future reference, hang on i'll go look......

remind hubby that you are only "creating the illusion" *insert spooky ghostly music* as long as you can find a couple of key elements that are easily recognisable to Hogwarts then the rest can look 'close enough'

I did see a 'yard one' once, i think it was about 18mths ago, and i may have even saved the pic for future reference, hang on i'll go look......

hopefully it works, its been awhile since i've attached a pic and people seem to have a lot of trouble lately... let me know if you cant see it.

I cant remember who it was that created this one, but it was one of the first ones I saw that made me realise snakes didn't have to live in a white melamine world, so thank you who ever you are.... you've cost me a small fortune over the years in powertools and supplies LOL

Attachments

• backyard 2.jpg
    backyard 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
they're apparantly the plastic brick faces that you can find at some bunnings,

i had a link to how to make one to but cant seem to find it anywere.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back