I Want One

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Who else would love to have 1 of these, seen this Albino Burmese at the Australia Zoo on Tuesday and fell in love, unfortunately the Keeper would not let me handle it as it was due for a feed that afternoon (half a goat, in winter and a full one in summer) i did not want to drag myself away but the family said there were other things to see, most of the Australian Vens were active but the Aus Pythons were hiding. :) ....................................Ron

Attachments

• 20130821_104638.jpg
    20130821_104638.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 179
How big was it? That's an awesome feed size. Very nice looking python :)

They are beautiful snakes but as far as owning one, for me the adult size would be too much. Otherwise, I would love one:)

Been there done that. It takes a certain kind of keeper to care for large constrictors. It is a lot of work and money. They require a huge amount of space. When they reach about ten feet they start to get dangerous. When I had my larger snakes once a month I had two of my friends come over when I fed them just in case something went wrong. It gets to be a daunting task. The power behind these animals is immense. I got nailed by my small 9ft retic, it left a massive bruise on my leg for a month. I sold them when my mom had my little brother(at that time I was still living with my mom). Although it was a fun run, I have not looked back.

They're illegal to have as a pet in Australia aren't they?

Here's one I had a cuddle with at Lonqui's place in Bali.

DSC_0121_edited-1.jpg

Darlyn was considering doing a runner ha ha!

DSC_0098_edited-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back