Ice-cream!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misssullivan

Reaction score
Its starting to get quite hot again and my favorite treat on a stinking hot day is a big bowl or cone full of nice cold home-made ice-cream! :D

Making ice-cream is quick, fun and easy.

For your basic vanilla ice-cream all you need is 3 ingredients:

600mL thickened cream
395mL sweetened condensed milk
2 tea spoons of vanilla essence

1.Place all ingredients in a large plastic or metal bowl.
2.Using an electric mixer beat on high untill the mixture is thick and creamy (about 5ish min).
3.Use a spatula to clean down the sides.
4.Cover bowl with cling-wrap or if the bowl has a lid use that.
5.Place in freezer and leave untill firm.
6. serve and enjoy!

For different flavours such chocolate, coffee, strawberry, bananna you can use milk flavourings or toppings (not the sort that set hard) just add instead of vanilla essence ( will need to add more than 2 teaspoons, add ingredients to suit personal taste)

For other faves such as choc-chip, crunchie, sprinkles, nuts etc use original recipe and at step 3 use the spatula to fold in about a cup of your ingredient (again to personal tastes).

Making your own ice-cream is very satisfying and is sure to be a hit with family, friends and especially kids!

Have fun!! :D:D:D

for sorbet recipes and other ideas feel free to PM me

I just made a big bowl.. yummm :)

Oh wow, didnt realise it was so easy!

Will have to make some this week.

Can you post the sorbet recipe? I absolutely LOVE sorbet

Berry Sorbet

A bit more complicated but still pritty easy

INGREDIENTS:

2 teaspoons gelatine
2 tablespoons hot water
400g can skim sweetened condensed milk
375mL light and creamy evaporeated milk, chilled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups of either fresh or frozen berries, pureed
3 egg whites

METHOD:

1. Dissolve gelatine in the hot water then allow to cool
2. Combine skim sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, lemon juice and cooled gelatine in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick. Beat in 1/4 cup of berry puree
3. Beat egg whitesuntill firm peaks form, fold gently into sorbet mixture.
4. Spoon evenly into 2 foil-lined 18cm x 28cm lamington pans, swirl remaining puree through sorbet mixture.
5. Cover and freeze untill firm.
6. Serve with fresh berries if desired.

7.:D:D:D:D:D:D my fave part EAT!!

Yay Sorbet!

Thanks Misssullivan, will keep those recipes and make some! If i had the ingrediants i would make some now... but im not going out again lol

I dunno what store bought stuff has but that would be what, 400% sugar? hehe

I'm sure it tastes good though, and that's what really matters...

I also have a recipe for a sherbet which is sort of like a cross between a sorbet and regular ice-cream

this one is good for any citrus fruits but will use lime as an example

INGREDIENTS:

600mL thickened cream
395mL sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons of grated lime rind
1/4 cup of lime juice
3 egg whites

METHOD:

1. Combine cream, sweetened condensed milk, lime rind and lime juice in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer untill thick
2. beat egg whites untill firm peaks form.
3. gently fold egg whites into cream mixture
4. spoon into a freezer pan then cover and freeze untill firm
5. serve and enjoy

:D

I dunno what store bought stuff has but that would be what, 400% sugar? hehe

I'm sure it tastes good though, and that's what really matters...

store bought has a lot more water/milk mixture which gives it the lumpyness. you will find that this recipe will leave your mouth feeling velvety and smooth.

Great here i am writting down a recipe off a reptile site...
That's exactly what i was thinking but meh if its a good recipe who cares were you got it from...
was wondering could you mash up some cookies and chuck em in .... cookies n cream mmmmm

That's exactly what i was thinking but meh if its a good recipe who cares were you got it from...
was wondering could you mash up some cookies and chuck em in .... cookies n cream mmmmm

Yep just fold them into a vanilla mix! that was the first sort i made!! :D

Just made the honeycomb. As always, the moment I took my eyes of the toffee it went from clear to burnt in about 5 seconds - but it was only a little bit overdone, so I will have burnt toffee honeycomb to fold through my icecream! Off to buy some condensed milk now and it should be ready in time for dessert!

EDIT: Yuck - bi-carb not mixed in properly as I panicked about it burning :x Have to make it again...

Just made the honeycomb. As always, the moment I took my eyes of the toffee it went from clear to burnt in about 5 seconds - but it was only a little bit overdone, so I will have burnt toffee honeycomb to fold through my icecream! Off to buy some condensed milk now and it should be ready in time for dessert!

lol i h8 when that happens. Buy a king size crunchie and crush that up to put in. its quite nice, choc honeycomb flavor.

Second batch turned out perfect! Just prepared the quesadillas for dinner, now off to buy fixin's for icey-cream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back