id from description... legless lizard?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i just had a childhood memory flash back.... no idea why but it got me thinking.
When i was about 12 i remember being down at our property playing in one of the tiny streams that ran into the river in one of the paddocks.I lifted a rock and 2 of what i thought were legless lizards "sprang" into the stream! Now i thought they were drowning so i remember catching one and putting it in my hat, then walking back to the homestead. i think i kept it for a week or something before we release it where we found it. ( don't flame me, i was 12 and theres nothing i can do about it now) anyway it got me wondering what type of legless lizard it might have been or is there the possibility is was a snake?
It was about 15cm long, brown/grey in colouring (i think) I'm fairly sure it was swimming when i thought it was drowning lol.
our property is in NSW, Brindabella ranges, Brindabella station!
any ideas? lets test your knowledge :)

You got no chance of an ID :)

Some guesses: the Brindabellas are bloody cold, so only a few snakes live there. White-lipped snakes are the most likely. You would have been able to tell if they were white-lipped snakes, they look very snakey.
Are you sure they didn't have legs? There really aren't that many options for the Brindabellas.

buggar !!yeah didnt think there was much of a chance lol.
positive it had no legs coz mum freaked and though it was a snake lol. i mean we get browns, red bellys and tigers on a regular basis but have never seen anything else snake wise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back