ID orange snake in mangroves

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I didnt put this in the ID section because I dont have a photo yet. One of the punters at Darlyn's fishing camp took a photo of a bright orange snake in the mangroves. (Arnhem Land) He says it had a distinct head (python like) and the head was spotted. The rest of the snake was bright orange. He cant email the pic until they return to civilisation Monday.
I will post the pic when I get it.

Meanwhile anyone got any ideas?

I reckon Jordo's got it. Very common in Wyndham mangrove communities and variable colours also. From memory, they don't climb much, though. Was the snake up high, Steve, or on the mud?

Dont know IV I got the info second hand from Darlyn (while she was getting tea ready at the camp). Jordo's guess is looking good. Not such a distinct (python like) head though. When I get the pic I'll announce the winner!

Hi guys,
Have to wait for pic to be emailed and the guy is in transit. The photo
I saw on phone wasn't very clear, but bright orange and he says dark spots on it's belly with a very "python"like head. It had dived for, and was eating a mud skipper.

That certainly could be it. Fits the discription.
Will post pic when it comes thru so we can find out.
Nice looking critter.

Could even be palamis platura, there have been a few sightings of pure yellow and orange specimens.

No sorry, no pic yet. Fellow was quite ill when he left camp and I don't have
his email, he has mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back