ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikanderoga

Reaction score
We found this little fella on our door, when we tried to get him back into the garden, he bolted into the house.

We found him 2 days later, but he is very weak and if we release him in his current state, he's food to the next best predator. So we try to get him into a slightly healthier condition, then let him go.

Our guess is, it's an easter water dragon, as we have plenty of those 'round our place.
ID please.jpg

Water dragon or something else?
Any tips on caring for such a young dragon?

Actually looks like a juvenile southern angle headed dragon, Hypsilurus spinipes.

sorry to say but you cant look after him legally i know its stupid and all if you want him looked after you will need to find a local wildlife career whom is licensed for that kind of work

sorry to say but you cant look after him legally i know its stupid and all if you want him looked after you will need to find a local wildlife career whom is licensed for that kind of work
I am aware of that, don't wanna keep him, just don't want him to become food the second I release him in my backyard.
He'll be released before the sun sets. :)

Have you still got it? Have you got a reptile tank you can keep it in? If you can keep it in something with a temperature of between 25 and 32 degrees with a bowl of water deep enough for it to submerge in and release a couple of boxes of crickets in there it will be fine for a couple of days just to feed it up and give it some strength back before release.

Have you still got it? Have you got a reptile tank you can keep it in? If you can keep it in something with a temperature of between 25 and 32 degrees with a bowl of water deep enough for it to submerge in and release a couple of boxes of crickets in there it will be fine for a couple of days just to feed it up and give it some strength back before release.
That's pretty much what I did, unfortunately, the dragon was too weak and didn't make it. :(
He was trapped inside the house for the past 48 hours without food and water, and when we found him, he was in a cold place and very weak.
But thanks everyone for their support and the ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back