Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Pike; i know very little about The Royal National Park or the picture your referring to....wasn't one of Allana's animals obliviously; which we are talking about....i think.
As for the picture your referring to...who "i'd it?".
The reason i ask is simple....can someone tell me exactly what is the difference between an intergrade and a pure diamond (yes i seen Pugsly's thread).....visual appearance?.... so it's that easy is it?
So any diamond that's odd in appearance; can be called an intergrade?....
I have been made aware of some often subtle differences that can help determine what's what.
Call me stupid; but i to can guess....or as i expressed; i must still be missing something.
Maybe one of you can tell me....please don't say; eg it has stripes....it's an intergrade; the blotch's etc etc etc.
What about subtle differences in behaviour?.... if any?
Oh by the way Mr B; forgive me for saying; but.....4 in one night?; sounds like the hundreds of diamonds story....:lol: ;)
I appologise to Pugsly; for being apart of turning this thread into a debate on Diamonds.....wasn't my intention; just carried away i guess.....maybe if you are able find the time you could pm me any other info you have in regards to helping me understand......i dont live in Diamond country.....cheers and thanks ;).

Another intelligent and informative response from the Cockney..
thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the subject with us....:rolleyes: :lol:

Ill pm you Indy, no probs with ya at all. I actually think you are one of the most respected herpers in this country and don't wish to get into a slanging match with you.

As for the 'goose' bwana.

Again, you show me where I stated that mate. You wont be able to because I DIDNT, if the thread was back you would see it was the pig hunter from North Qld who made that comment. NOT me.

Have I photographed hundreds, yes, thats nothing special at all, but its still more than most I am confident in that.

Mr B 4 in one night hey, not bad at all! Shame they were all male though... ;-)

"If you can't even identify a swamp snake"

What does it matter to you anyway? Your that bored you need to jump up and down just because I put an ID up?

When I saw this guy, (nearly ran him over) I had a couple of different guesses in my head, but wasn;t 100% so hence the thread.

But next time, just for you, Ill keep the ID threads to myself, that make you happy champ?

Now, now.. the boys down at the local Bowling Club do a good job of cheerleading. Granted their arthritis restricts their movement, but boy do they know how to use a pom pom! :lol:

Thanks kindly Pugsly for the infomation;
I look forward to hearing from you.
As for being one of the most respected herpers.......no mate; not at all;
as I have a lot to learn; as do most of us....thanks just the same :oops:
Maybe a few of us did get our wires crossed; if so i apologise;
as i also thought i remember reading a comment of the likes from you....
maybe it read you'd photographed 100's....either way;
it's the subject regarding to Diamonds and their locality that's of interest to me...
Cheers ;)
PS.... nice swamp snake :oops:

I am for one not an expert on Diamonds in any sense.
I believe what most fail to realise is; that twenty years ago (ok; give or take);
is that nobody was very successful at breeding Diamonds at all...including the yanks.
Well then you have it....all of a sudden they were being bred readily...why?
Simple they were crossed with carpets.

Do you have any idea who Bwana is?...or his knowledge on diamonds.quote]

The Diamond debate is a cloudy one at best, but there is no need for cheap shots. APS is a good site and it does not need bickering due to the fact that someone posted an ID question.

I think that you will find that experienced herps like Peter Krauss and Rex Stock were breeding PURE Diamonds in the late 80's and early 90's , and to say that two of the most respected herps in Australia were breeding hybrids.:lol:

I highly doubt it if many people do actually know who Bwana actually is.

Yes the infamous Brian Starkey has spent a lot of time in the field, right in the heart of Diamond country , so chances are he probably could go head to head with anyone on purity on them but there is no need for cheap shots.

The Diamond debate is a cloudy one at best, but there is no need for cheap shots. APS is a good site and it does not need bickering due to the fact that someone posted an ID question.

Chip.

Im aware who he is.

I also am aware there is no need to jump up and down and take 'cheap shots' as you suggested.

Next time he can just keep his mouth closed.

I am for one not an expert on Diamonds in any sense.
I believe what most fail to realise is; that twenty years ago (ok; give or take);
is that nobody was very successful at breeding Diamonds at all...including the yanks.
Well then you have it....all of a sudden they were being bred readily...why?
Simple they were crossed with carpets.

Do you have any idea who Bwana is?...or his knowledge on diamonds.quote]

I think that you will find that experienced herps like Peter Krauss and Rex Stock were breeding PURE Diamonds in the late 80's and early 90's , and to say that two of the most respected herps in Australia were breeding hybrids.:lol:

I highly doubt it if many people do actually know who Bwana actually is.

Yes the infamous Brian Starkey has spent a lot of time in the field, right in the heart of Diamond country , so chances are he probably could go head to head with anyone on purity on them but there is no need for cheap shots.

Chip.

Hi Chip
Please re-read my post carefully....
I did'nt say nobody bred pure diamonds...it was "nobody was ' VERY' successful at breeding diamonds"....not that it hadn't been done.
I personally know Peter and have spoken to Rex on the forums.....both of whom are very knowledge in their field.
I actually owe Peter's ex for getting me into the field of wildlife keeping; to which i'm truly thankful for.
So ok; that's two keepers that have bred Diamond's in the day.
I'm sure there have been severial others; but not many:rolleyes:
Ok...lets talk cheap shots.....
Granted Bawana's comments in relation to the thread in question; could have very well been called cheap...depending on where you stand.
What about words like 'infamous'....yes; to a certain degree... i guess he was :lol:
The difference is; Mr Starkey has never tried to play the 'Mr Right' charade; unlike a lot of other so called 'top keepers' in this country.
I find it rather interesting; in a morbid sort of way.....
Whenever his name is mentioned among some of these people 'they often focus their attentions at down grading his ability or his exploits';
mostly to avoid the truth about their own inability or experience.....Talks cheap.
In fairness; he has in fact inspired and helped some of the most noted herp keepers into the positions in which they find themselves today;
wouldn't surprise me if you were yet another.....
Same old story; behind every number 1; there's those that do the dirty work to make them look good.....
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story hey? It's cool; those in the know, know...
Anyway; i wont bore you further...just thought it worth a mention.
And yes Chip; i do understand what you were getting at....point taken;)

I'm sorry Indicus but i thought i gave a perfectly good response to the" ID THREAD". Just thought it amusing that you should see fit to turn it into a dig at Pugsly, and then into a completely off topic rehash of an old topic. You had plenty enough chance to voice your opinions then. Dont get bitter & twisted. Lifes too short.:lol:

Well , I learned what the ID snake is , & the thread did go a bit sideways ,but I thought
Bwana's comments were ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back