idea for a water skink enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgs202

Reaction score
Hey all, looking at getting an eastern water skink and as I already have a good sized four foot fish tank, I was thinking of tweaking it into an EWS habitat. My ide3a is thus: As the tank is already set up with fish, I was going to drop the water level by around 1/4 and build turtle dock style platforms out of polystyrene, all decorated with plastic plants as well as bits of wood ect, and place them around the edges of the tank. Is this going to be case of to much water, not enough land though?

I think they prefer to be on land most of the time, I would assume there may be too much water area

You would need more land. Silcone off a dividing sectioin at the bottom of the tank for water and then have land for the rest with nice big branches of wood and have a terrarium section. Great lizards to keep can be hand tamed over time will come eat out of your hands.

Awsome! Thanx heaps, how much would you recomend using for land? Half, or more? They are awsome lizards. There's somthing about the smaller species that I reckon is so interesting! They're all just so damned hard to find!

Dammed hard to find thats for sure! I've been looking for Garden Skinks and Eastern Water Skinks for ages!!

Ah, I see theres at least one other person who appreciates the smaller species then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back