Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azn4114

Reaction score
just wandering truthfully right now if something happened to your snake(or whatever you have)would you have the funds to be able to take it there,i can honestly say i have the money put away just incase anything ever happens..(i think im a little pissed off at these ppl that make excuses like bills came in or cant afford for 2 days)***?

just wandering truthfully right now if something happened to your snake(or whatever you have)would you have the funds to be able to take it there,i can honestly say i have the money put away just incase anything ever happens..(i think im a little pissed off at these ppl that make excuses like bills came in or cant afford for 2 days)***?
yup i have access to funds to beable to take any of my animals to the vet [ just spent over $400 on my big beardie - then i got him put down yesterday afternoon :(]
without a a doubt i would do anything to make sure they would see my vet .

yup i have access to funds to beable to take any of my animals to the vet [ just spent over $400 on my big beardie - then i got him put down yesterday afternoon :(]
without a a doubt i would do anything to make sure they would see my vet .
theres some respect coming your way mate,and sorry to hear about your beardie

i have the funds, though I am living at home still... Plus (I haven't looked into it yet) but maybe we should all look into the pet insurance? to see if reptiles are covered? I was thinking about having mine put under the same policy that the parentals have the dog and cats under...

No funds ready available here, but volunteering with WIRES helped to get friendly with vets and i am able to pay off my vet because of it :D Lucky ay? :p

from an ownership point of view - if i can't afford to take care of the animal i don't get it. have 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 stimson, 8 chooks. however, if the finances are a bit tight at any time and something happens that they require veterinary attention my partner and I are the ones to go without NOT the animals.

From a vet nurse point of view - i have heard every single excuse there is as to why people neglect and inflict cruelty on their animals. YES i said cruelty, those of you who make excuses about not getting your animals seen by a vet are being CRUEL whether you want acknowledge it or not!

I think most people with common sence ( and animals worth alot of $$$) Tend to keep money aside for the "just in case" situations.
But saying that things happen and lots of people don't seem to have any common sence!

Man if you havent got the spare cash, a snake is not a wise investment- nor are children, dogs or wives. !!

im saving right now for an albino carpet,but saving means another few grand on top to make sure if any problems happen i can take care of it fund wise

I do not have a fund for vets , and there would be times when i would not have the cash for a vet .

I also have a wife , 3 kids to take care of , so if its comes to the crunch my family will come before any of my snakes , simple as that .

Does not mean i don't care for my snakes though .

azn4114 if your $60 bearded dragons need a $1000.00 spent on it at the vets , you will cough that up ??

To me it's like saying 'If one of your family needed to go to the hospital, would you take them?'. You can find money, if you need to.

Well that's it Kaos, like, they ARE family... not like I would sacrifice my HUMAN family member's health to cure their ailments, but I would easily sacrifice my own and man up.

I do not have a fund for vets , and there would be times when i would not have the cash for a vet .

I also have a wife , 3 kids to take care of , so if its comes to the crunch my family will come before any of my snakes , simple as that .

Does not mean i don't care for my snakes though .

azn4114 if your $60 bearded dragons need a $1000.00 spent on it at the vets , you will cough that up ??
yes i would!no probs..my animals are my kids and dont think the price i paid for them should mean that there not worth treatment if needed,i spent over $2000 on vet bills for a dog i got for free!thats what you do when your a responsible owner(and im not insulting you or anything)

yes i would!no probs..my animals are my kids and dont think the price i paid for them should mean that there not worth treatment if needed,i spent over $2000 on vet bills for a dog i got for free!thats what you do when your a responsible owner(and im not insulting you or anything)

Fair enough .
I am a responsible pet owner by the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back