Illegal reptile trade in NSW town.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soundfix

Reaction score
Update: 10 am Thursday, 7th Jan,
(The D.E.C.c.w. IS AND HAS BEEN ON XMAS HOL"S, wont be taking any messages until their return,next week.!!)Thurs am.
Also try phoning the RSPCA?There ab****ely no way you can get to speak to a person, you HAVE to choose a button,then leave a message!!!!!~-hangon,-i just pressed th'donation
Please private mail me me, if you can suggest an alternative organistion, to report this to.

Hi,
I live in a neighbourhood, that the yards are quite large, yet close to each other.
There is a premises, about 150mtrs up the road, and i have seen with my own eyes, the death of a turtle left out front in glass tank, for 3 weeks untill the little water it had dsried up, and it died.I also know of a adult diamond python, that had mouth rot,they just left it outside in a cage- needless to say, it never recovered.I asked one day when passing, what happened to it, and the resident's at the premises, became very anti-social, telling me to mind my own bussiness.I feel it IS my business.
i have witnessed the perishing of turtles,small native lizARDS AND THEY STILL HAVE SOME SNAKES,THESE ANIMALS WERE NEGLECTED TO DEATH, over the past few years.
Yesterday, the police were at the premises, and because the same residence,deals in the illegal distribution of illegal drugs.
There 2 'attack' dogs that due to hunger, roam evry few mornings and have killed up to 14 different small dogs and mostly cats,over the past 18 months.
Rangers were very un-cooperative, but it took for a wealthy,well known 'wine grower',-to loose his 'Pomeranium while walking it was attacked and killed, before the dogs were taken away.
My main prob is i have been aware of them keeping and selling reptiles they take from the bush, they dont advertise, and they deal them at the locals McDonald carpark.
Police have 'warned' them, when they were caught at the carpark, but the animals were not confiscated.
Do i report this to the DECC?
They freely display images of 'the pets they have up there, on 'FACEBOOK', for all to see.
I feel i must do something, local council are at a loss, dont like snakes i think, to explain to me what i should do.
Police told me, they cant just walk in a look around for snakes.
Can anyone verify the correct procedure in these situation, as to stop these cruel and greedy peope.
Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the relevant avenues to get something done but the DECC definitely sounds like a good idea if the police refuse to help, even the RSPCA but you might just be fishing in the dark with them. I really hope someone takes you seriously though, it makes me really sad to think of animals, reptile or not, to be kept in conditions like this with owners who obviously don't care about their wellbeing.

Good luck mate

Of course you contact DECCW regarding wildlife issues... what other course of action is there? Nobody here can do anything about it.

If animals are kept in poor conditions, RSPCA have wide-ranging powers to enter properties and seize animals. DECCW should also be notified, but the difficulty is proving the illegal capture. With loose cannons like that, I would avoid any direct confrontation.

In regards to the native animals once the DECCW are notified they have an obligation to take further action so do the RSPCA....its sort of out of the police jurisdiction until they have a search warrant and with given evidence by the RSPCA they would be able to enter and go from there.
cheers steve

'deals in the illegal distribution of illegal drugs'

Love it :p

on a seriouse note, your best bet is as everyone else has said contact deccw and the rspca, you deffiantly sound very emotional on this subject so I hope it all turns out well for you.

I would make a quite complaint. & not make coments to them for if they do get done and think you were the problem. They may remove the problem if they that type people.

Don't bother with the RSPCA...
I have not heard one story about them doing anything, even when I told them about something, they didn't even get back to me.

In vic you would call the DPI/DSE I guess you call the same governing body in your state.

I knew some people in Cessnock that carried on the same way (in all areas), they got busted and went to jail (police and NPWS involved in raid), all animals confiscated. Contact DECCW and if they dont respond how you think they should immediately contact RSPCA

That is disgusting!
Why would they give a rat's about an animal that has cost them nothing?
I would like to think that the authorities would do something, but I am not so sure.
I would get into more trouble for having my hatchie python in a small container once these standard cage sizes become law!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two points of law here:
1/ Its not illegal to sell animals from a Maccas carpark or is it in NSW?
2/ Do you have court admissable evidence that these reptiles were taken from the wild now direct evidence may implicate yourself or is it yourself playing ACA reporter.
3/ Probably a fair percentage on this site deal from carparks under the guise of security.....solar 17 [Baden]

DECCW should also be notified, but the difficulty is proving the illegal capture.derrrr
Of course you contact DECCW regarding wildlife issues... what other course of action is there? Nobody here can do anything about it.

---------- Post added 06-Jan-11 at 05:50 PM ----------

Two points of law here:
1/ Its not illegal to sell animals from a Maccas carpark or is it in NSW?
2/ Do you have court admissable evidence that these reptiles were taken from the wild now direct evidence may implicate yourself or is it yourself playing ACA reporter.
3/ Probably a fair percentage on this site deal from carparks under the guise of security.....solar 17 [Baden][/QUOTE]

Huh, ,1answers to solar powerhead,-actually thats 3 points of law dude.

!.It is illegal to sell anything from a Macca's carpark,except the patented taste of a Maccas meal.
2.I have been ask if i wante to bay and wre told, how easy they could get me more. So i gues thats proof to me, -wheather its admissable in court,or not isnt my fault
3.They may well deal from a carpark and thats fine if they have thwe appropriate liscence, these opeople dont and have already been arrested.
"playing ACA reporter"? you are very odd.And as if ACA,would log on to a forum, for a media story,Thats funny!!hehe

Umm , and my intentions are to be implicated in this matter,I actually WANT to be.Any person that claims, to love wildlife, nature, animals ect, that i see and know FIRST hand(not hear-say,or to be famous reporter, on ACA,(I actually prefer pay tv mostly):i intend to reort to the relevant authority. Ridiculing my motives, is a soory way to act, when someone is trying to prevent the sufferingof any futher reptile, mammal, por anything else i notice from the fence.
And yes they did have a horse in their house when the police attended yesterday, and searched and removed the 'mammals '.
You think im over reacting.I dont understand your nasty reaction at all.I do respect your opinion, but this is a serious matter, -to imply anything else,, i suggest to contact C****** Police. -And tell them your thoughts!!!ok? They are also at a loss as to how to go about getting this done.
If you seriously care about the suffering of pets at the hands of these people,-mail me, i'll hook you up with the officer, and you can advise him, what to do!thanks for that.(cops, theyr so inexpeienced these days, and some of them refuse to handle snakes.Imagine that!! Bizzare.ta

Last edited:
i dont see how solar was nasty or ridiculing you, he was stating a few facts in the aim of helping you out, unless there is some kind of evidence i dont believe the police or decc would be able to get a warrant to search them premises so sounds like he was just trying to help you out. Anyway as said the cops dont deal with this kind of thing its the wildlife authority who deals with the illegal taking and selling of native and exotic fauna so your best bet is to contact them and see if anything can be done.

"That is disgusting!
I would like to think that the authorities would do something, but I am not so sure.
I would get into more trouble for having my hatchie python in a small container once these standard cage sizes become law!"

Thanks Faye i also would love to have faith in such organisations, RSPCAect,but even after been notified by several people, The passed it on to the Local Council Rangers.When they went, to the premises, the animals were hiden in a back shed, and their tanks are in an unheated/dark linen closet.If you were looking for pets in box's , you wouldnt know they were there.
The Rangers attmpts to speak with them, was met with abuse from behind a closed door. Then when the female of the house came out,she not only abused the 'female' ranger, but proceed to 'Flog' her to the ground!
Yes, she was arrested, but a search warrent was not executed until yday.All that was removed were 2 neglected atttack dogs,and a cage with 2 very poor guinea pigs.
So please, dont assume i havent already attempted to resolve this issue, through other avenues.
The only thing i havent done yet, is contact the DECCW.
After being let down by the very Organistions i thought dealt/resolved these matters, i wasnt sure how the DECCW would react either, (not because i would 'implicate/incriminate myself).I have only the best intentions for the remaining animals I KNOW are still there.
Now, -that i know that the DECCW are obligated to go there and investigate, and they have the powers to take reptiles away, i will contact them ..
Im hoping there will be no loopholes,,or buck passing or any further delay,, because, its gone on so long,after originally being reported.
Thanks everybody, and yer, and im sorry if ive come across as ignorant or otherwise.

---------- Post added 06-Jan-11 at 08:37 PM ----------

i dont see how solar was nasty or ridiculing you, he was stating a few facts in the aim of helping you out, unless there is some kind of evidence i dont believe the police or decc would be able to get a warrant to search them premises so sounds like he was just trying to help you out. Anyway as said the cops dont deal with this kind of thing its the wildlife authority who deals with the illegal taking and selling of native and exotic fauna so your best bet is to contact them and see if anything can be done.

Oh, so sorry,i just found his 1. statement, and 2 questions, didnt really help me pout, at all, :-(

Last edited:
soundfix the only problem you have now is that since they have just been searched they may move them to somewhere else
what you needed was for the DECCW to be the first ones to that house and do the search before anyone else went there

I agree ,The price of hindsight.- The mother is in custody now and there doesnt seem to be anyone at the house today.I hope the DECCW can go in still.
As ive told you, i buy snakes of a local constable, and he wasnt even sure how to go about getting someone in to look for any reptiles!!!
I have found this whole ordeal, bloody amazing.That one town could have such a disfunctional Council ranger, un-cooperative police, and an Incompetent, Dept Of Public Housing!! I guess i was nieve, as to the powers the police do or dont have.

Last edited:
That is disgusting!
I would get into more trouble for having my hatchie python in a small container once these standard cage sizes become law!

Thanks Faye i also would love to have faith in such organisations, RSPCAect,but even after been notified by several people, The passed it on to the Local Council Rangers.When they went, to the premises, the animals were hiden in a back shed, and their tanks are in an unheated/dark linen closet.If you were looking for pets in box's , you wouldnt know they were there.
The Rangers attmpts to speak with them, was met with abuse from behind a closed door. Then when the female of the house came out,she not only abused the 'female' ranger, but proceed to 'Flog' her to the ground!
Yes, she was arrested, but a search warrent was not executed until yday.All that was removed were 2 neglected atttack dogs,and a cage with 2 very poor guinea pigs.
So please, dont assume i havent already attempted to resolve this issue, through other avenues.
The only thing i havent done yet, is contact the DECCW.
After being let down by the very Organistions i thought dealt/resolved these matters, i wasnt sure how the DECCW would react either, (not because i would 'implicate/incriminate myself).I have only the best intentions for the remaining animals I KNOW are still there.
Now i know that the DECCW are obligated to go there and investigate, and they have the powers to take reptiles away, i will contact them tomorrow.
Im hoping there will be no loopholes,,or buck passing or any further delay,, because, its gone on so long,after originally being reported.
Thanks everybody, and yer, and im sorry if ive come across as ignorant or otherwise.

---------- Post added 06-Jan-11 at 08:37 PM ----------

Oh, so sorry,i just found his 1. statement, and 2 questions, didnt really help me pout, at all, :-(
How do you know that the reptiles are hidden in a DARK, unheated linen closet out the back. I've been to some pretty run down houses where even the children should'nt be there, but the reptiles were in pristine condition. Have you actually seen the reptile setup or are you just guessing.

Please read more thouroughly.The cupboard is indoors.Have been offered a purchase.
I was SHOWN the setup almost 2 years ago along with many other people in town that were aware.
They have lived just doors up for the past 5 years.
Im really starting to get frustrated , so someone feel free to close the thread. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Umm OK. Did you or the many other people try to do anything 2/5 years ago or are you just starting now? Not stepping on toes just asking. If not, better late than never. Hope something comes from all your efforts. Keep trying. Your doing a good job, and sometimes these things CAN get really frustrating. Good luck! P.s. sorry if you took offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back