Im new :) lizard help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HH-1919

Reaction score
Hey im new here and i was wondering with all you experts here wich of these you think make better pets?

South-Western Crevice Egernia
Tree Dtella
Binoeís Gecko
Western Bearded Dragon
Northern Spiny-tailed Gecko
South-west Spiny-tailed Gecko
Centralian Bluetongue
Western Bluetongue
Bobtail (Shingleback)

These are the animals i can have with the permit i can get in WA. Has anybody had any of these? what are they like?

Hi HH-1919,and welcome to the website.People on here are very hel[pful,especially if your a noobie like me too.I have a central bearded dragon and he is just cool.Walks around the kitchen table when he is out,has a lead and harness for proper walkies,goes shopping with me,drives in the car he sits in the sun on the dashboard.Dragons are very cool,like being held and carried around.Squish was my first reptile.He frets if im not around much due to work......they are people pets.

Good luck with your search....hope this kinda helps
cheers

as a first i would suggest a shingleback, any bluetounge or a bearded dragon

I have had a beardie now for six months or so, I love him to bits! They are alittle temperamental when they are very young, but if you persist with the handling they actually quite like it. Mine loves sitting on my shoulder and walking around the house with me, and im convinced he think the computer screen is a doorway to another world because he keeps trying to jump into it lol, he usually just ends up running back up my arm after several attempts hehehe. They are super easy to care for, easy to feed, and they love a good bath every now and then! Go for it I say, Im so happy I did

Totally agree.....Squish is my boy and he thinks he is a dog ever since i bought him his walking harness.He comes in the car and likes sitting on the dash in the sun.the kitchen table is his playground at night and he cruises around stealing cuddles from everyone.Squish was my very first reptile ever and I wouldn't give him up for the world.heaps and heaps of hours of handling,but my lizard now thinks hes a dog.
PERFECT.

Hi and welcome to the forum, in the end the choice is dependant on what you like the most, everyone has their favorite species. Go for something that you like the look of or fascinates you or you will lose interest. I bought pygmy beardeds for my partner, I personally think they are boring and i have no intention on replacing them when they pass on. I have 6 snakes and get more enjoyment out of them than i have ever done with the lizards.

i have 2 beardies both 12-18mth they go walking on my shoulders, sitting on our laps watching tv(hogging the remote), swimming in the bath with my kids( note to self....make sure they have deficated prior to swimming or all 4 of the kids and lizards are trying to get out of messy water lol)
im getting another 2 at the end of the year..... they are such good pets and i would definately reccomend.....

remote hog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back