Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

How are you?

Have you got any reptiles? Don't forgot to post pictures

welcome, you keeping anything at present?

nah, not yet... :( but i just filled out the forms to get my license yey. im savin for a coastal carpet python so mite take a while lol. wat have you got?

coastals are awsome, you can pick them up for around $100 at time, sometimes less

dont they need like alot of space, since thier tree pythons?

If you get a hatchy, it can be kept in a click clack for around 6 months, and as it gets bigger upgrade to a bigger click clack.. Until you can afford to get it it's adult enclosure.. Even if that tafes 12 months or more, It'll be able to live in a decent sized click clack.

nah, the domensions for a coastal carpet enclosure should be length= 1/2 body length and height and depth should ne 1/4 body length

thats goes for most pythons aswell

nah, the domensions for a coastal carpet enclosure should be length= 1/2 body length and height and depth should ne 1/4 body length

Aren't those measurements at a minimum enclosure size for them?.. The more space the better I think :)

yup thats minimum but they live quite happily in them, you dont want them to big tho

You are looking at anything from a 900 x 600 x 600 for a hatchy in it's click clack up to want ever you want - I like 1200 W x 1000 H x 600 D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 80
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 79
ok, thats a good idea then i can get a better enclosure for it and hopefully itl b happy. um, i know abit on how to care for it when it is older, but when its a hatchling/ juvi what feeding requirements are there, coz they need food mre often dont they

just once a week feeding for hatchies and once they get to about a year old i'd but it back to every 2 weeks, then when they get size on them you could just give them a good meal monthly

Depending on what size the hatchling is, and what it's been eating.. Normally either 1 - 2 Pinkie Mice or Rats per week

even fuzzie rats if its say an olive but for a hatchie coastal i'd go 1 pink rat, once a week

ok. thanx this is alot of help coz this will be my first snake, and i want it to be happy and healthy so i need to know as much as possible lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back