I'm telling ya...i cut stuff!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This little guy decided to exit the egg a bit to early yesterday. As you can see by the pic he had not absorbed alot of the yolk sack which wasn't a good thing.
I'm not sure why he came out ealry he had been sitting in his pipped egg for about 3 days without a worry.
I had to do a bit of cutting and tying.

He was pretty weak afterwards and i wasn't sure how he was going to go, but 24hrs on he's looking alot better and moving around his cage flicking his tounge, even tho he's not out of the woods yet it's a very good sign.

Heres some pics:

After tying and cutting
135-3558_IMG.jpg

Close up before trimming the string (silk fly tying cotton :) )
135-3559_IMG.jpg

Here he is 24hrs later
135-3576_IMG.jpg

Cheers
Steve.

definetly bred some nice lookers there young manlol hope all is well.

Cut Stuff!

He is cute, poor little thing, must have gotten bored and wanted nothing more of it?
:)
Will you be finding him a new home when he is better?

Wow thanks for the photo - I guess I never even realised something like that oculd happen! Looks like you did a great job, he's a very nice snake and I hope he pulls through with flying colours.

Thanks guys

Possum not sure if i'll be selling him but i'll probably have a couple from the clutch to move on, all turn out very nicely.

Foxysnake its not something i like doing, only have had a couple of times.

He's looking well this morning, so hopefully he'll be all good.

Cut Stuff!

Is that vermiculite on the little snake in the first pic?
How do you know where to tie it off and is the little bit you left on there his belly button and does that just go into his body?
Sorry for all the questions I have just never seen anyone do that before or looked that closely, there is alot of blood for such a little animal.

good work...hope it all goes well she/he looks very nice

Hey Possum, yeah thats vermiculite he had just been removed from the eggs container.
It is a worry when you have to cut and tie but the few times i have had to do it i just cut it as close as i safely can, i like to leave a bit so i'm not cutting to close.
Within a few days it dries up and drops off, this is what normally happens just before they hatch, once they have absorbed all the yolk sack.

Thanks Danw.

It looks like he left a fair bit of yolk behind. Nice job on the surgery and nice pics, thanks mate.
I hope it's alright!!

Good work Stevo. I just hope he doesnt turn out to be an agressive snake. You know the saying....."Madder than a cut snake".

i have been lurking around but staying in the shadows. or just the fact we moved and dont have the internet lol hope they al go well for ya steve.

Thanks Greebs, i don't really care if he does....gunna be pretty either way.

Thanks Ricko, good to see ya still about.

The little guys is looking well now, freely moving about the cage and hissing and bluffing.

Need to get a feed into him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back