Imbil State Forest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Went for a day trip to the Imbil State Forest, its inland from Noosa, to try out the new lens. Pretty amazing trip, saw five live snakes ( 4 on the trip ) but only one condescended to being photoed, a little small-eyed snake, a real cutie

Attachments

• ses2.jpg
    ses2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 134
  • ses3.jpg
    ses3.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 70
  • ses1.jpg
    ses1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 73
Also saw this guy A. verreauxii. For the species He was huge, I'm used to seeing this in gardens but this guy was over 30cm - he even bit me. And I think I did him a favor, he was co habituating with three huge cane toads

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 66
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
and a couple of frogs, the brown guy is a tusked frog Adelotus brevis. That was my only shot of him, he jumped and disappeared intil surprisingly short grass. There was also heaps of very large tadpoles in the creeks properlyMixophyes fasciolatus

Attachments

• gtf.jpg
    gtf.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 48
  • tf.jpg
    tf.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
and a few non herps using the 500mm lens. Strangely the vast majority of fish seen there were natives, blue-eyes and rainbows - last time I was up there it was full of sword-tails. These creeks flow into the Mary river

Attachments

• DF.jpg
    DF.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 53
  • fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Awesome pics Wat other snakes did u see?
2 possible keel backs ( swimming ) and a yellow-faced whip snake.

However, the best sighting was one crossing the road near Bli-Bli. I had three motor bikes and a ute right behind me when I saw the animal right in the worst spot. However he was very sharp-eyed, nervous and fast, very fast, and bolted off the road. About two meters, brown with a paler head (HINT - Loads of sugar-cane in the area).

Oh nice . Its a shame u didnt get a chance to get some pics of him.

Love the small eyed snake, they're gorgeous!

Great pics!

It would be nice to have those verreauxii in the garden! I loved the rainbows as well. Are they common in the creeks up your way? I have only seen them in FNQ.

Regards,
David

It would be nice to have those verreauxii in the garden!
David
Move to QLD
I loved the rainbows as well. Are they common in the creeks up your way? I have only seen them in FNQ.

Regards,
David
The rainbows are common in certain areas. Where there are introduced fish (especially gambisa ) they are rare to non-existant

Thats a nice small eyed and the pic of the verreaxe's skink is amazing marc.
Ive never even seen one like that in the wild .
I love that he bit you,lol.
Great pics
Very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back