Impaction or Fecal Stones? - MD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard calcified things that look like grey stones.... we aren't talking retained eggs are we ?

How do you put ointment into a snakes eyes ?

Good to know things are looking brighter.

No, apparently they weren't eggs. They have kept the stones and are going to run some tests on them. If it passes any more we have to keep them in a jar in the fridge till Tuesday. I should say that the ointment will be difficult to say the least to put in the snakes eyes. Have to work out how to hold it still for that I guess. Anyone got any good suggestions. Paula said it was a very peed off snake when it recovered from the anaesthetic. She had to be the nurse for the snake xrays. Cheers Cheryl

Ok, so tonight the rescued MD is out and about in the 50/60ltr clickclack(as of now). I'm hoping that a bit movement might help with a bit of bowel movement after the paraffin oil which has been put into his system by the vets?? He/she has moved out of the hide box on the warm end, just been chatting with the local Wild/Native Rescue Lady, and if he hasn't done a poop by Tuesday, I am going to Berri to the Vet and see what is happening? I have asked for this, very interested in the results of the three calcified stones that came out of this MD while under anaesthetic? Still don't know whether it is calcified food or retained eggs? Have asked this question? The paraffin oil was put into this python on Thursday, and still waiting to see whether it has moved anything as yet. Hopefully there might be a huge poop 2morrow morning??? Then I will save them in a jar for more testing for Tuesday down at the Berri vet clinic?? Cheers Cheryl

And also we are doing the eye ointment thing twice a day, as advised by the Vets, it has had its' injection today as well(antibiotic, incase it has to have an op. - 2 weeks away - how come they have to wait that long for a poor snake that can't poop???

Really wondering why this snake has to have two weeks of Antibiotic Injections before anyone will do an op to clear the blockage in its" intestinal area??? Why can't they do it before the 2 weeks of antibiotic injections??? Is there a Vet on this site who can answer this question please? This Python might die before this??? Cheers Cheryl

I don't want to see this beautiful Python die through lack of help or funds. Well, we don't have the loot, trying to pay off a Mortgage here and pay for my Heart Meds? But hopefully Wildlife Rescue will help us out eh?

Dont know about meds for the snake but I think you may need to take some of yours now ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back