Impaction or Fecal Stones? - MD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
58? Is that your age or IQ?

I wasnt telling you off.I was trying to get you to explain because what you have written tonight makes no sense whatsoever.

I really don't know what Ramsayi is on about here?? I'm just trying to save a VERY sick Rescued snake??? What more can I do? He/she is very sick, can't pass any poops at the moment ok??? I do not do drugs. Cheers Cheryl PS What more can I do???

pull ya head in it's not a catle truck?

first of all if u have one take it the vet maybe they might be albe to help

Last edited:
You should give it up .... you have neither the expertise or the money to provide the necessary care... from the sounds of things you havent got anything to offer it.

And not rambling to yourself in your own thread may also make people take your cause a bit more seriously.

There is no more you can do...it is already under veterinary care!!

Ok, I'm just going to leave it till Tuesday till it goes back to the Vet ok??? Thanks for your nasty comments? Just wanted a few good inputs. Goodnight. and Cheers Cheryl

Update is we took it down to the vet again this morning. He or she still had not had a poop. Only passed three very hard calcified stone like things while under the gas last Thursday. Today it has had more Electrolytes for rehydration, and some more paraffin oil. Dave and I have been giving it Antibiotic injection every second day. Got three more injections of Baytril to give it, in case it needs to have the impacted stones removed by a vet. This is what we have been instructed to do. I am still freaking about the poor animal. Sorry about my carry on the other night. I was just venting a bit. Didn't mean to upset anybody. Sorry. I'm afraid I just get really upset when animals are so crook, ok? The vet today said the python seemed to be a little bit better, but still very emaciated(skinny), it seemed that it had a bit more strength in its coils, she has been in touch with one of the Rep Vets at Adelaide Zoo, so we will go by what he says. Eyes are much better with the Trycin Ointment treatment since Thursday. Cheers Cheryl.

aww,..poor thing. :(

keep up the good work, its never fun seeing somethign suffer,.>! :)

Bit more of an update. Ok the MD still hasn't had a poop! I took it down to the Berri Vet on Tuesday this week. They are still giving it treatment on advice from Adelaide Zoo Vet(Ian Hough), eg. More Electrolytes for rehydration and also some more Paraffin Oil. So today lots of gurgling in its intestinal tract(would that be the word for it??) It/he/she has had a couple of tepid baths over the last few days as well as a very gentle massage over the impacted area. The Vet at Berri(who is still learning re Pythons) has said that the MD Python seems a lot stronger. Today I've found that the Python just wants to go flat out when its out on the lawn, but no poops as yet. Hopefully, it will do a poo before we have to take it back to the Berri vet next Thursday. Feels like to me that the Fecal Stones have moved a tad, and that they will pass without any cutting and shutting??? Cheers Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back