Import/Export numbers - Now what?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nurse_boy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a quick question about importing and exporting animals between states. I am doing a swap with somebody in South Australia (I'm in Victoria), everything is fine so far, both of us have applied and received our respective import/export permits for each of the animals being transferred. Now as I'm kinda new to this, and so is the other guy at the other end, we were both wondering, what do we do with the numbers we've got. Do we have to exchange the numbers? do we have to give copies of each permit to the other person. For example I am exporting 2 childrens pythons and receiving 2 Nephrurus Levis Levis, do I record MY import number in the Import/Export column of my license book? or do I record the other persons Export permit number in that column? Is the book the same in SA as the Victorian one? Sorry if this is a silly question, just had me a bit confused and I did a search on here and didn't come up with much more than how to get the numbers which I've already got lol.

thanks in advance for any replies!!

54 views and not one piece of advice???? Come on guys... does anybody know how to document this properly??? I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly!! :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys, just a quick question about importing and exporting animals between states. I am doing a swap with somebody in South Australia (I'm in Victoria), everything is fine so far, both of us have applied and received our respective import/export permits for each of the animals being transferred. Now as I'm kinda new to this, and so is the other guy at the other end, we were both wondering, what do we do with the numbers we've got. Do we have to exchange the numbers? do we have to give copies of each permit to the other person no just the number. For example I am exporting 2 childrens pythons and receiving 2 Nephrurus Levis Levis, do I record MY import number in the Import/Export column of my license book? I add it to the comments column or do I record the other persons Export permit number in that column? I only record my ends paperwork Is the book the same in SA as the Victorian one? Sorry if this is a silly question, just had me a bit confused and I did a search on here and didn't come up with much more than how to get the numbers which I've already got lol.

thanks in advance for any replies!!

54 views and not one piece of advice???? Come on guys... does anybody know how to document this properly??? I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly!! :)

Hope that helps a little, Only did my first import the other month and it's a bit nerve racking till it's over then you think how easy was that. (if it goes smoothly i guess)

also change the in's/out's qty of those species on their pages.

Last edited:
Thanks Smithers, that certainly does help. I think I am just a bit excited about meeting my new gecko's!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back