Important Message for all NSW Licence Holders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

This email was sent to the IRS, so I am putting it out there.

This email is regarding the return of Animal Keepers Fauna Record Books which are due by 30 April 2010. In previous years the Department issued a reminder notice to all licensees to advise them when it was time to return their record book. For 2010 this will not happen. Instead we will rely upon licensees’ awareness of their licence conditions and responsibilities as a licence holder.

Due to this new approach, the Department would like to ask your assistance in reminding your members that their Animal Keepers Fauna Record Books must be received by the Department by 30 April 2010.

Attached is a reminder note that you may consider producing in your group’s newsletter or placing on your website. You might also be able to remind them at a meeting or other group event?

Other important changes to the way the Department is handling the return of 2010 Animal Keepers Record Books are:

All fauna record books must be returned
No statements will be accepted as in past years
Penalties will apply to licensees whose book is not received by the Department by 30 April 2010
FRBs are only accepted by post to the postal address below
A $5.00 book replacement fee (payable by credit card only) applies to licensees who have lost or cannot find their book and need a replacement in time to submit by 30 April 2010

Should you have any questions about the return of Animal Keepers Record Books please contact:

Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit

P.O. Box 1967

HURSTVILLE NSW 1481

Tel: (02) 9585 6406

Email: [email protected]

Thanks for the heads-up Fay.
Would have been nice for the DECCW to consider communicating this themselves, eh?

ooo good to know :)
I needa send in a sheet with my licence renewal don't I? Cos I'm sill waiting for that...:s

What do they mean by "No statements will be accepted as in past years"?

I think it means that you still have to send the book in, even if no changes have been made ie you can't just write them a letter saying I have not sold or aquired any reptiles.

I actually received an email yesterday from DECC reminding me books are due at the end of April??

im waiting on my licence renewal to come back, i sent it nearly 4 weeks ago, i spoke to them today, they are so backed up.. my renewal is sitting in the 'in' pile, they said they will send it when they can.. they also reminded me about my record books being sent back.. which was nice of them..:? get them in on time guys...:)

I actually received an email yesterday from DECC reminding me books are due at the end of April??

You're lucky :)

Mind you, I cant complain, when I lost my last book, they did replace it for free (though it took them about 4 months to get it to me after I emailed them).

im waiting on my licence renewal to come back, i sent it nearly 4 weeks ago, i spoke to them today, they are so backed up.. my renewal is sitting in the 'in' pile, they said they will send it when they can.. they also reminded me about my record books being sent back.. which was nice of them..:? get them in on time guys...:)

Lol you'll get it just in time to send it back :lol:!

I got a Text from them a few days ago, reminding me to send in my book and the address to send it..

Hi Fay - actually the transaction cut-off date is March 31, but NSW keepers have until the end of April to send them in...

Thanks for the reminder though...

J.

I got a Text from them a few days ago, reminding me to send in my book and the address to send it..

Yes I got one of those too. Thought it was quite nice of them to send a friendly reminder.

i have a couple of questions,
if you dont have ANY reptiles, do u need to send it in?
if you forget to send it in, wat are the consiquences?

Will

I'm just a bit confused. I'm unsure how I'm supposed to renew my licence. I was going to send it in this week or next but I can't without renewing it .. Was I supposed to receive something in the mail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back