In my backyard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this fence that he was on is 4m high he got on it from a tree 2 doors up from our place
he must climb along the top of it between the trees and then back to the park 3 doors down the road personally i find it highly unlikely that he would climb to the ground in our yard as there are no trees in it at all
I saw this Koala at about 8 am this morning

by what you say there is always a chance of something happening so all i can do is keep my dogs in the yard and keep an eye on them
same as you keeping your cat inside the reason you keep them inside is because they cant be contained by normal fencing as you can with a dog
Our yard to my dogs is like your house is to your Cat a containment area !

What a load of CR@P. Because there are Koalas in the area, get rid of your dogs. Pffft, get a life.

Re: RE: In my backyard

sxereturn said:
. I have seen one wild one on Cunninghams Gap, 7 years ago. I also so another crossing the road near Greenbank. That's it...
Koalas around Brissie are not uncommon, just really really hard to spot. The trick is to look for their droppings. If you find koala droppings look up. I found one in Noosa NP that way and it was only about three meter above the path. Hundreds of people walked straight under it while we watched.

And how do you tell if a dropping is from a Koala, I hear you ask, in your never-ending quest for knowledge. Easy, smell it, if it smells like really, really strong eucalyptus?oil.

RE: Re: RE: In my backyard

Meh ur all very edgy people. settle down.

I think you should get rid of your venemous snakes Sxereturn.
Cause there are people that walk in your street.

um dude he is, because he is moving and has to sell his stuff so ummmm. yeah lets just leave it alone.

Wow! Post a pic on a koala and get your head bitten off! You guys are unbelieveable!! Mick has got a point with the Koala! They aren't your cute and cuddly teddy-bear variety and certainly know how to look after themselves!

As for possums I've got a couple here to replace the ones that get eaten by his dogs! They are everywhere and anywhere! Koalas aren't that scarce and neither are the possums! Get a life guys!!:(

and before i read all the post , i was going to say it beats what i seen out my window ,i was told that they are in my back yard ,but have not seen any yet,be cool to see them in the back yard ,

Good photo mick...great to have wildlife that close to home.

you may as well get rid of your dogs since someone on a snake website said you should :wink:

Come on people - settle down.
Dogs are a hazard to koalas, they are very terratorial and will defend their patch. But dogs also keep away house-breakers.
Habitat loss and fragmentation are koalas worst threat. All in all they are not doing too badly, but you get high populations in some areas and the koalas can't spread out and colonize new areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back