In need of some helpful tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KristianG

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently bought an adult children's python and it is the first reptile I have owned. I have owned him (or her) for a little over a month now and I know most of the basics such as when to how to feed them and how often, how to identify mites and ideal terrarium temperature. However I have a lot to learn and since I kept coming back here for information so I decided to make an account and get some helpful advice from some experienced reptile owners. If you have any tips for me as a first time owner that would be awesome and sorry I couldn't be more specific about the advice I need.

The best and only advice I really have to give you is to just keep researching and learning about snakes and reptiles. Never think that you have learnt everything as there is always new information popping up. Not much more I think I can give advice on really.
Cheers Cameron

C,mon you have owned the Childrens python now for 1 month,you are a experienced reptile keeper now...The research button on top of page is always helpful.It sounds as thou your atleast doing the basics alright,just keep reading and a little more reading on here or books etc and soon you will have enough knowledge..Dont hesistate to ask for any information if you need help or advice..By the way WELCOME!!

Read Read Read, Buy books relevant to what you (or want to) keep. Even if you're not a big reader, I usually never read anything.. I keep referring to books i bought every time i get curious about something and Ive found myself reading almost 3 books just because i turned there to find things out.

Hello, I have recently bought an adult children's python and it is the first reptile I have owned. I have owned him (or her) for a little over a month now and I know most of the basics such as when to how to feed them and how often, how to identify mites and ideal terrarium temperature. However I have a lot to learn and since I kept coming back here for information so I decided to make an account and get some helpful advice from some experienced reptile owners. If you have any tips for me as a first time owner that would be awesome and sorry I couldn't be more specific about the advice I need.

Thank you everybody for the advice an I will definitely keep researching!

The research button on top of page is always helpful.!
the search function on aps is a dud imo :) it couldn't find a member for me when i had typed in their exact name and even had a thread tittle that was started by them pretty much spot on , aps search function just wouldn't find anything for me , typed the exact same thing into google with the addition of "aussie pythons" at the end of it and it popped up straight away

so op , my lil peice of advice to you would be that , if aps search function wont work , google should :)

Keep a close eye on the herp help thread, often you wont know about a problem until it happens. Best thing to do is learn from other peoples mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back