in the progress of new water monitor tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

branca

Reaction score
i just wanting to post a few pics of the progress of my mertens water monitor tank.
just got the glass cut today and have put it together, its 4ft length by 2.5ft high by 3ft wide.
:)
i will post more pics when stand is made and tank inside is all done up.;)

Attachments

• 14072010(002).jpg
    14072010(002).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 14072010(001).jpg
    14072010(001).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 14072010.jpg
    14072010.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 14072010(003).jpg
    14072010(003).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 255
Didnt think they would silicone it up for you :D
How much was the tank?
I GET MY MITCHELLS THIS WEEKEND:D

mad, nah thats not them making it its my dad. we did it in our garage
i got the glass for free off the trading post.
and it costed me $15 to get it cut :D

just plain nuts - what you mean a man after your own heart lol.
im not quite sure yet how i will deck it out im still thinking.........

Check out the water monitor enclosure on page 567 of Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards.
It's where I got my ledge idea from. There's is much much much much better than mine though hahah

ahaha sure i am a great bargain hunter;)
as im only 14 i try and get the cheapest of things aswell because i dont have a job yet to start earning money:D
mjb;)
jannico - ohh yeah jannico i see how uve done it, youve done it pretty well. im going to put a similiar thing but a rock background that fits the whole back wall, with a ledge coming out of it, and a couple of logs coming out of the water.

Are you putting that agaisnt a wall?
I was just thinking it almost square (ish) and would look good as a centre piece.
Maybe have an artificial rock face coming out from the middle with water surrounding it. Like a castle with a moat. That way if it was in the middle of a room you would have a good view at all angles.

Just a thought

Last edited:
josh looks good, ill come have a look soon :)
your gonna need some good filters for that or else you'll be scrubbing all the moss off:p
also get those sucker fish that i was telling you about it helps:)

the only thing i would have done is while at the glaziers is get them to drill a hole in the bottom of the tank to put a tap to make clean/draining it a hole lot easyer but good work anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back