in the progress of new water monitor tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info Vadnappa, Ill try them out.Have you read Daniel Bennetts Monitor Lizards? It is as good , maybe better! Nice work with the Mitchell Jannico. The extra effort keeping semi aquatic monitors is well worth it imo:)

Get 'REAL Siamese Flying Fox' a group of 4-5 would be great.

they are social Algae eaters, they dont have barbs, nor develope tough bodies. they are cheap and eat a majority of algae including trouble algae like beard and hair.

Grab yourself some test kits, ph, ammonia, nitrate at least. good water quality and a correct light cycle shouldnt give you much algae.

you should have foam under that tank, expect it to crack!

you should have foam under that tank, expect it to crack![/QUOTE]

There is styrofoam under the tank.The enclosure is supported by tressles and the glass on the tank is very thick.Im more worried about the floor beneath it cracking lol!

There is styrofoam under the tank.The enclosure is supported by tressles and the glass on the tank is very thick.Im more worried about the floor beneath it cracking lol!

haha, pics are misleading, thought i could see the wood grain through the water? perhaps you should consider a glass brace across the top. the pressure in weigh should be fine on the floor, but outwards pressure on silicon with a tank that tall. :S if thats as deep as the water will get, it should be ok.

considering there are large turtles, try a large pleco. you should be able to pic one up for $150 (30-40cm). other then that, keep good water quality.

sorry Kirby,I thought you were commenting on my set up. My bad:oops:

Nice work with the Mitchell Jannico. The extra effort keeping semi aquatic monitors is well worth it imo

Not really that much effort lol. Keep the water clean keep the heat up and feed... hahha
Simple:)
I've got him eating from tweezers now!

Finding mitchell's on the other hand!
One day I hope to own Rusty's, Mertens and Mangooves!
Such awesome animals.

Ha! That looks like my wish list, with some Kimberlys & Glebo's as well. At the moment ive got Mertens , Spencers and Gillens. I bred Accies for a few years but sold them to make room for the Mertens.
Im currently collecting materials to build a Biofilter for the new enclosure, using a plan from a turtle thread on this site. Any info would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back