Inbreeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathryn: I have no doubt that isolated cases of inbreeding will pop up. I have no doubt that genetic issues completely unrelated to inbreeding will pop up. I have no doubt that the vast majority will continue to inbreed heavily without care or consequence and a small but vocal minority will get through the first half of a genetics subject around about the time they're first getting into snakes and kick up a fuss about it ;)

mebebrian: Two-headed reptiles pop up in the wild and also in clutches from unrelated parents in captivity. I've seen two-headed babies which hatched from parthenogens! After 100,000 years or so, those genotypes are tried and tested, they're spectacularly wonderful genotypes, but even with no hint of a genetic flaw you can get that sort of thing. Bicephaly has not been known to have a genetic component.

the first half of a genetics subject

Finishing the second year, not that it matters, but thanks for the vote of confidence in my ignorance ;) Really. Belittling what a total stranger is doing with their life is uh, really "cute". You generally seem like a very intelligent and funky person, and there's actually no need at all to take the piss out of me. Not because of this, anyway :p

Last edited:
Finishing the second year, not that it matters, but thanks for the vote of confidence in my ignorance ;) Really. Belittling what a total stranger is doing with their life is uh, really "cute". You generally seem like a very intelligent and funky person, and there's actually no need at all to take the piss out of me. Not because of this, anyway :p

I'm just mucking around ;) I'm actually not as arrogant or condescending as I sound on the forums. I just like stirring people up and having a bit of fun ;) Life would be pretty weird if I took the forums seriously :p

You don't seem like the type who would get upset about my light hearted quips, and if you actually have been, I am sorry.

Looking forward to seeing something which is genuinely worth taking the piss out of you for :lol:

Don't mind me, I just take my nerdism terribly seriously.

Just wander into my local late on a friday night. You'll laugh, I promise.

I hate you, I hate you all. You're all stupid, worthless and almost certainly ugly. I bet your parents were related too.

Could this be another aps romance in the making? Lets hope not,could you imagine the poor children from said pairing? Poor buggers might end up carrying the double nerd gene. :shock:

:lol: Homozygous for nerd :lol:

Well, no, hopefully I can be nice to someone without it being interpreted as getting fresh. I'm already partnered up with the world's best woman, and flirting on APS is not something I'd be keen to do! :shock:

(Yeah, now redbellybite can puke about me being so mushy about my girl :p :lol: ).

Does anyone know much about the neuro problems that have popped up in some of the jaguar morph carpets over seas? Is that a result of inbreeding or the morph itself, i know it doesnt occur in all jaguars so could it be a result of inbreeding?

I dont know much about genetics at all, can neurological issues even be caused by inbreeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back