incubator confusion...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkstaa

Reaction score
I have what I think to be a fat female beardy, but she is in with a male so it got me thinking,I also have a group of pygmy's and I just brought home a trio of Boyds so I figure I should get an incubator sorted - but for a newbi talk about confusing...ones with fans ones without, big, small where do you start? I'm having a looksy on ebay as I'm 3 hours from shops and there's so many to pick from can some one point me in the right direction pretty please ;)

The ones I was thinking were between these two if you have time to check them out it would be appreciated so I know which way to go as they look pretty simular to me but there's a bit of a price difference...

INCUBATOR AUSSIE HOVABATOR 56EG CHICKEN/REPTILE NEW N/R - eBay Other Supplies, Birds, Pet Supplies, Home. (end time 21-Sep-10 20:12:07 AEST)

Reptile egg incubator hatching hovabator great success - eBay Other Supplies, Reptiles, Pet Supplies, Home. (end time 15-Oct-10 15:46:07 AEDST)

Thanks muchly :D
Hannah

they are both basicly the same , one is auction and the other is buy it now .
i would be looking at the reptapet incubator , as they come with a digital readout and they have a inbuilt humidity readout and probe .

Most people I know seem to prefer to make them from an old fridge, heat cord, pc fan and thermostat. There should be some threads on that here or someone who can tell you how. It really does seem simple from what I have heard.

You can incubate Beardy eggs at a moderate room temp, any room in the house that gets a bit warm during the day will be fine, just keep the eggs out of direct sunlight.

unlucky Incubator

Dont make the same mistake i made. i got one off ebay a few weeks ago its the HOVABATOR and it was from a reptile business that was selling items on ebay i didnt do all my home work and its not the right incubator they are made to incubate chicken eggs and other birds eggs not reptile as they turn the eggs you cant turn your reptile eggs otherwise you will drown them. im still learning as iv always had friends that would put my eggs in their incubator but wanted my own this year i have got a good website to go to but the incubator is $495 but all my friends have these and have had great success with them. if would like to have a look go to www.luckyreptile.com and look at the incubators there. i called the business up and they have plenty in stock and will send to you. good luck

Dont make the same mistake i made. i got one off ebay a few weeks ago its the HOVABATOR and it was from a reptile business that was selling items on ebay i didnt do all my home work and its not the right incubator they are made to incubate chicken eggs and other birds eggs not reptile as they turn the eggs you cant turn your reptile eggs otherwise you will drown them. im still learning as iv always had friends that would put my eggs in their incubator but wanted my own this year i have got a good website to go to but the incubator is $495 but all my friends have these and have had great success with them. if would like to have a look go to www.luckyreptile.com and look at the incubators there. i called the business up and they have plenty in stock and will send to you. good luck
there cheaper on ebay - same incubator > Reptile egg incubator cooler warmer LAST ONES - eBay Enclosures, Reptiles, Pet Supplies, Home. (end time 26-Sep-10 07:24:35 AEST)

Not sure if you will have much success incubating bearded dragon & boyd eggs at the same time.. Different temps required.

There is not much to an incubator, it depends on where you live (how hot or cold it gets). Heat cord or bulbs, thermostat, insulated box, & possibly a fan.

Not sure if you will have much success incubating bearded dragon & boyd eggs at the same time.. Different temps required.

There is not much to an incubator, it depends on where you live (how hot or cold it gets). Heat cord or bulbs, thermostat, insulated box, & possibly a fan.

I thought that might be the case mr. boyd thanks for confirming, IF I have the Boyds and the Beardies lay at the same time The boyd eggs would get the incubator ;)
Zoojas the one you linked would that be ok - if that's the case I'm buying one now :D..I had a look at some you tube vids and the esky incubator doesn't seem hard but I like the look of the one Zoo posted the link to (typical girl I picking it for looks I know)

It says on the ad reptile eegs without the turner installed.

I have a hovabator and have used it successfully for years with Boyds eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back