incubators

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys
was wondering where i could get a proper incubator... cos the one i got at the moment isnt accurate enough with the temperature...
was also wondering if you can get incubators that cool as also heat up...
and how much do they cost?
ta nev

If it heats up down there (we ARE talking about Melbourne, aren't we?:)) try putting them downstairs.

There's an advertisement for incubators in the Reptiles magazine....

where can u get reptile magazines and how much r they?
i always look when dad gets his paper but i never seen any

Thats a birdie incubator Fuscy old boy :) Can you immobilise the rockers on them?
I will be selling my current incubator when I get time to build a bigger one. It is a Lion Reptile Incubator and takes about four 4 litre tubs.

multiquip.com They are in whetherill Park NSW,but they ship 'em and have 'em from $400 right up to about$4500.

yeh but u cant make it cool down aswell as heat up can ya? not with out spending a fortune..
nev

The majority of commercial incubators only heat as well. As you say, a heating / cooling model would cost an arm and a leg!!

Got a mate with an air conditioner? That where I'll be running my incubator...in a room with an AC so I don't have to worry about over heating.

hhhm ok im thinkin just making one myself with a good accurate thermostat in it... got any ideas of what to make the incubator out of? like is just pine alrite? n ny sugestions for an accurate thermostat? or will the imit do just fine?
i might chuck a computer fan in there to, then the temp will be more accurate thru out...
ta nev

The fan is a good idea, Nev. I'd suggest you think about one of those polystyrene/foam eskies. They'd have much better insulating capabilities than a pine one.

An old fridge is one of the best things to use and I'd use a good probe type stat rather than an IMIT. IMITs are great for enclosures but don't have the accuracy required for an incubator.

nah i think the imit is way betta than the prob ones... i bought the probe one off the herp shop... was pathetic, too bigger range between on and off...
if i make a pine frame n layer polystyrene between another layer of wood would that be ok do ya reckon?
nev

Probe...pathetic? Are you using it correctly? Don't use the dial, tune it with a thermometer and when it's perfect, put a mark on the dial and leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back