incubators

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building one myself at the moment. Basically a ply wood box, layer of polystyrene then another thin layer of ply.

I thought about using a computer fan situated in the midlle of the box just to circulate air not to bring new air in. I'm planning to use plastic tubs with no air holes.But was wondering if the fan would still drop humidity too much?

If ya tubs have no ventilation then the fan will not affect humidity at all, it will just serve to keep the temperature even throughout the incubator. This, of course, is just my opinion and I take no responsibility for fried eggs.

well i dont no about the probe stats you use but the one i bought is actually pathetic... ask david he has whitnessed the patheticness of my probe stat lol... it has about 5 degrees leeway.. so if i have it at the right temp eg 30 it will got up to 35 berfore turning off and go down to 25 before turning back on :?
maybe i just got a dodgy one :?
nev

Sounds like ya did Nev, ring supplier for advice, if it came from where I think it may have come from you should have no trouble exchanging it as long as it's not a real old one.

He's right. I've tried three probe thermos, and they all had a very large on/off range.

hey guys just thought i would let you no i have finished the incubator built in to my stand :D yay...
heres a pic
modules.php

ta for your help guys appreciate it. all i need now is the thermometer and ill be set :D
nev

oh dam.. how come the pic didnt work? lol oh well theres the link to it any ways hehe
nev

thermometer should be there tuesday mate hold ups over this long weekend thats all, looks like you have done a good job, take some closeups for us of the incubator itself.

Take care
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back