Industry Experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaenys

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this thread so feel free to move it.

In order to graduate at the end of next year I need to complete 30 days worth of Industry experience/work placement etc.
I study wildlife science and biology so I'm looking for anyone who takes volunteers/has any good suggestions for work experience around the sunshine coast, cairns or brisbane areas next year for a 19 year old female :p I don't mind hard work though and can always keep up with the boys.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Sarah.

Hi Sarah- I know it might be a bit far from you- but both Australia Zoo and Currumbin sanctuary have volunteer programmes. Currumbin I have personally vounteered at for years and the people there are awesome.

They both have websites- Oz Zoo is harder to get into but it's worth a shot as they have a great programme for vollies.

good luck !

I've heard Currumbin is great!
I've gotten mixed feedback on aussie zoo though. The volunteer coordinator seemed nice enough. I think Australia zoo will be a definite choice because it's just so recognized and it'd look good on my resume xD apart from that I've never been particularly drawn to it because of the feedback I've gotten from other volunteers there :3

david fleay wildlife park at burleigh heads they love uni students to help out

Also there's Alma Park Zoo in Brissie.

And there's a Koala Sanctuary at Moggill run by the EPA; I am SURE they would take volunteers...if this sounds interesting let me know I know a coupla peeps out there ;)

Also don't forget Seaworld and Dreamworld also have some sweet animals !

hahahahaha. noooooooo

Underwater world at Mooloolabah. I loved that place when I was living up there.

I've heard Fleay's is good because it's small which makes it more personal and you can do more there :D
It is on the gold coast though which is a tiny bit of a drive from where I live when I'm at uni down there.
I need to make a list ha! The Koala sanctuary would be so interesting, I've just finished like 5 different assignments on those poor little guys, there are having a rough time.

I tried at Underwater world this year cause I LOOOVE the seals but they don't really take volunteers. :evil:
I'm volunteering at cairns tropical zoo over jan/feb ^_^ so excited!

hahahahaha. noooooooo

Underwater world at Mooloolabah. I loved that place when I was living up there.

Noone at all noticed how quickly you went back on topic Beardy !

I may also have had a little peak. Not bad.

Last edited:
Noone at all noticed how quickly you went back on topic Beardy !

I may also have had a little peak. Not bad.

Oh 7.5?! Holding that handsome python should definitely bump it up to at least an 8. :p lol

Join Date Sep-11 Location Not where I want to be Age/Gender 31
Male.gif
Posts 278 Infractions 0/2 (2)

:(

Cairns Tropical Zoo? They have volunteers there all the time.

Cairns Tropical Zoo? They have volunteers there all the time.

Yeah, I got myself a position there in January :)
From what I remember they've got the most beautiful BHP. Can't wait

Venom zoo kuranda ;) haha

I'd love to look at those giant tarantulas from a distance but I can't see myself working with them ha!
yikes. I didn't even know that still existed up there.

Lol, that would definitely be an experience and a half...
The elapids I could deal with.. Haven't taken much of a shining to spiders since I jumped out of the shower one day, wrapped my towel around me and had a not so happy giant huntsman crawl up my back. It's the legs that get me I think :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back