Injured Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourett

Reaction score
Found this Skink in the loo at home. Looks like a cat has been at it. Not sure if it will survive, but lets see.
What should I be feeding it? I have plenty of crickets are they any good?
Any other special needs please let me know.
Tourett

Give him plenty of heat, food, hiding places, and privacy, I'm not sure on what to use on the wounds but I'm sure another member here can help you with that. It's an Eastern Striped Skink by the looks of it.

Think its way too small for snails bouncer, pinhead crix maybe, dont like its chances though, poor lil thing. :( Good onya for caring Tourett, I hate to see anything suffer, well keep our fingers x'd.
Good luck. :wink:
maybe a bit of betadine ointment on the wounds, though if a cat got it theres likely organs punctured in a skink that tiny, only a matter of time i think. looks like he threw his tail in a bid to escape.

It should easily eat small and med, poss even large crix, C. robustus are 130mm? SVL, also keep the water up to it too and tell me how it goes.

What Dicco said. Make sure there is water and if its alive in the morning release it. You should wash the wound and you can dab a bit of Betadine on the wound if you like.
I probably wont feed but no harm in trying tomorrow.

Ah I see, its bigger than it looks, hard to tell to the novice, looks likea garden skink to this one. :D
Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back