Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricko

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just interested in finding out what this fierce a mate has is worth, its 3ft female nice looking snake (will get a photo in the next day or 2) no free handleing as you would expect.

Cheers Ricko

I think you've had enough beer for one night Stevo :)

Don't know if there is something special about this particular snake but taipans are not usually very expensive as there is not a HUGE demand for them. Don't know why the demand is so low for such cuddly little creatures :)

Ricko, Young Fierce snakes are worth about $200 to $300 ea. Taipans are worth a little more at the moment as they are being bought by one individaul all over Australia and this had made them scarce.

i can freehandle my one eyed but not yet up to fierce one eyed's sorry

thanks everyone for ya input even if it aint on topic, we worked out it would probley be worth $500+ specially with no taipans around, and with that one person hogging them all. lol. does anyone know if he breeds the taipans he keeps there or are they just milkers?

Ricko, $500 plus is the price for Coastals at the present time. These are the ones being bought up in big numbers which has made them scarce. I believe Peter has them just for milking. He must have a massive contract for the venom as he need 500.

Inlands/Fierce Snakes are not being snapped up and are readilly available each breeding season. For this reason they only sell for around $200 to $300 for small ones. A 6ft adult may cost around $500 if its a good coloured one, but thats about as expensive as they get.

yeah mate i got them mixed up this morning had my mind on other things. i remember seeing a trio a while ago on herptrader for $1700. so is this guy buying all the coastals that come available basically?

hmm,
he has some nice ones too.
Wait till he gets all 500, and if he breeds, there will be a lot of taipans on the market then I hope!! So yeah, in 5 years, I might buy some :p

To think, before Peter from SA Venom Supplies and John Weigel of the ARP started buying up Coastals they used to sell for around $100ea. Its funny how something which a few years ago couldn't be given away , suddenly becomes so valuable.

As soon as Peter gets what he wants watch the price fall like a rock. :wink:

i bought sub adult inlands for $600 each. They are impossible to get. I was told by a prominent VIC herper he could easily get $500-$600 each for my juvs if they breed at the moment.
I was also told by a fairly big elapid breeder I chat to that he sold a trio of quiet adults for $3000 not all that long ago. And the guy I got my sub adults from sold 3 adults I think for around $1500.
Ricko I belive your 3ft female would be worth at least $500. I just wouldnt sell it for less than that, no way.
Put it on herp trader, I bet it sells overnight for $500
Craig

its worth more if it freehandles lmao

Don't laugh, I know a few people who freehandle their inland taipans, they're often really good freehandlers and a friendly one is worth more than a nasty one.

thanks everyone once again, we aint looking to sell it we want more, as it was given to us basically as we bought a croc 4 carpets an adder and an olive including the taipan for a very good price. a mate got what was thought to be a male coastal 2 weeks ago but turned out to be female so now he has 2 girls. dam

the snake included in the deal was an inland but i was saying another mate got a coastal taipan which was ment to be a male but probed as a female so anyone with male coastal taipans that wanna sell them i would love to hear from them. hey brodie how come venom supplies dont breed there coastaltaipans?

hey ricko, they are amazing snakes. I have a pair at home, One of which is extremely quiet, and one which is NOT. I have them together but think the male is to small/young. Maybe next season.

Craig

are they all going to venom supplies or john weigel if ya got baby's? would venom supplies be govt funded to buy taipans or would they have to use there own money as i dont know much about them? do they have a website? good luck craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back