Insect watering

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentor

Reaction score
Any chance some of you also breed rodents and have experience using agselect valves for watering them?

I was wondering how I could make keeping a colony of crickets alive a lot easier, and was wondering if you used one of the vari-flow valves and set it to its loosest setting, if it might be twitchy enough to let water out if a cricket was to climb on it, or try to wedge itself between the valve and the brass of the nozzle.

Comments, suggestions?

I use water storage crystals from Bunnings. They are cheep and easy. No drownings and they always have water. I even use it for my baby ones.

Yes it is different. They are little crystal that you put into water and they swell and hold the water. The insects just suck on/eat them to get the water. They are suppose to be used to retain water at plants roots but they work a treat for the insects. I use them for my crickets and woodys in a little dish. They are non toxic and biodegradable as long as you get the ones without fertilizers. I'm sure there are many brands. The ones i use are called Water Storage Crystals. Found in Bunnings in the isle with fertilizers potting mix etc. I mix 1 teaspoon of the crystals with 500mls of water. Lasts me ages.

I like the water crystal idea, although i have never supplyed actual water to my woodies colony and 2 years later theres still 100's of thousands of the buggers lol.
I just throw in carrot or chocos or what veggie matter i have lying around every fortnight or so and a few cups of dog biskets

adds **Water Storage Crystals** to Bunnings shopping list for Adelaide visit

thanks for that

I also place in handfuls of long grass into my woodies which they love plus they would get a fair bit of water from that and its free !!!!!!!!
Cheers Deano

I too use water storage crystals (got the idea from mummabear when she feed me this addition to reptiles.. :) ) and she is right work a treat no probs especially up here in the tropics where things like vegatables and stuff dry out very quickly when not refrigerated.

mm long grass hey

ive got a laneway out the back of our house and in there grows a kind of long grass that can stand heat and has a small root system, might grab a small one and plant it in the enclosure and water it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back