Interstate Python Transport?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew413

Reaction score
I am looking to move my Coastal Carpet Python from my parents house in Queensland down to Melbourne, but I am unsure about how to go about this. Are there specific companies or precautions I need to use or can I just package him up and courier it down?

Have a look at AAE (Australian air express) that is who a lot of people usually freight with. I'm pretty sure they have their own guidelines to how reptiles need to be packed.
Don't forget to apply for import and export permits for the relevant states.

Have a look at AAE (Australian air express) that is who a lot of people usually freight with. I'm pretty sure they have their own guidelines to how reptiles need to be packed.
Don't forget to apply for import and export permits for the relevant states.

This is now Qantas Freight no longer AAE

You will need a movement advice from QLD and an import permit from Vic. Then you just need to organise transport, most use AAE/Qantas freight which is airport to airport or you can organise a pet road courier or I presume drive it down yourself.

You will need a movement advice from QLD and an import permit from Vic. Then you just need to organise transport, most use AAE/Qantas freight which is airport to airport or you can organise a pet road courier or I presume drive it down yourself.

Just to add on to this a movement advice AND a movement permit is required from QLD.

Could be quite pricey though, Qantas freight charge by weight...

I had two 3 kg jungles shipped for $80 from Brisbane to Newcastle so not that expensive

Please note pet couriers only do cats and dogs in most cases the person receiving the animal listed on the AWB (Air Way Bill) MUST receive and show photo ID.

Please note pet couriers only do cats and dogs in most cases the person receiving the animal listed on the AWB (Air Way Bill) MUST receive and show photo ID.

Some pet couriers do accept reptiles, I recently sent a death adder interstate this way.

Dog Movers, they only move animals, are around the same price as AAE and take replies no worries.

get an export permit from QLD and an import permit for VIC - Im pretty sure air express is who you go through at Brisbane airport. they freight all animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back