Intro, bit late though

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphorion

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I realised the other day i'd never actually introduced myself properly here, i just sort of popped up and started making wild accusations and blabbered some random dribble. So seeing as how everyone else is re-introducing themselves...? Thought i'd do it too :D

Well other than what my profile says i'm a fulltime student at UQ St Lucia, studying Environmental Management in sustainable development. All my electives are in ecology, particularly desert physiology, but in general i study everything from science to philosophy, law and policy to architecture, indigenous land rights to statistics. It's crazy! But i love it :)

As far as my interests go... REPTILES (bet you didn't see that one coming) and all animals, i'm not a true aussie as i don't particularly follow any sports, although i do love rugby, both L and U, horse sports especially endurance riding, and reading. I fail at pop culture, i'm musically illiterate and never remember the name of which actor starred in which role etc, although for that i consider myself lucky.

I am an aussie citizen, but only since early '06 as my family moved out from ye old Britain when i was ten, don't get me wrong i love Australia, without sounding corny... it's where i call Home. I'm known to be quite patriotic, i have family all over the world and often Oz gets bagged out for being seen as one big country town with one cinema and a 'waterhole', but we know better don't we? They just don't know what they're missing out on :p

I'm a loudmouth (as you all know by now) and don't back down from an arguement, but i like to think that i'm not hypocritical in my opinions and actions :p Hey $N@KE$, i'm only playing with you!! hehe

Oh i'm also known for being a bit of a know-it-all, so please, if i say something stupid that's just plain WRONG... please tell me. And include a *virtual slap* on-route if possible :D

I presently keep Bredlis, and Olive and an assortment of Macs, looking at getting an Inland Bearded Dragon this season so if anyone wants to start me off with their personal experience i'd be very much obliged :)

And no for a bit of fun, for those of you that want to contribute. Below are a few interesting Q's that you can repost with your own answer

What book is beside your bed right now?
A book of Sudoku and Kakuro puzzles and Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons (it’s always there!)

What keeps you awake at night?
Not much, I’m asleep before my head hits the pillow. But more often than not when I can’t sleep it’s uni assignments.

Favourite food/drink combination?
Mexican and Italian! Mmm pasta tacos. And I love making my own fruit juice. Word to the rise, remove raspberry pips BEFORE putting them into a juicer, they WILL BLOCK YOUR STRAINER (grr argh!)

What would you run back into a burning building for?
I would become a super hero like whoever that one is that can run really fast (Flash?) oh I don’t know. And get EVERYTHING! Maybe not Dad’s ugly shoes though, I could do with those being burnt to a crisp...

Favourite Quotes?
We judge ourselves by our intentions, we judge others by their actions – unknown
Do not mess with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and very good with Ketchup – unknown
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars. - Charles Darwin
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Oh, and other members of the menagerie (not quite a zoo yet);

Nugget and Star – Shetland Sheepdogs
Atticus, Blondie, Obsidian (plus three more to come soon) – the Maccies
Pi – the Bredli
Elih – the Olive
Chip – the Quarrion
Multiple Betta Splendens
Mani – the Giant Rainforest Mantid
Julian – The Spiny Stick Insect
Dinner – Mani’s crickets
Petal – the Mousey Mouse, no NOT dinner, she’s too cute.
And hopefully one little baby beardie dragon in the not-too-distant future :)

Well, there you go! Hello and howdy-do from this little Brisbanite!:rolleyes:

Welcome,sounds like you have a bit of a zoo there,im not far behind,theres plenty of info here,by the way we all love pictures,so please dont hesitate,cheers...

Hmm, i should update my albums hey? Yay new mission for the day; aquire pretty piccies of the menagerie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back