Is australia behind in selling glass?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Float glass doesnt explode into marbles if somehow over stressed? Toughened (hardened) glass does. Laminated glass is unneccessary and you can see the film between the 2 sheets of glass where the glass sliding doors pass each other. The glass on each side of the film is very easy to chip if laminated glass isnt in a frame.

All you need is 5mm float glass, if it gets cracked, it will likely stay in place (just with a big crack in it) Just ring your local glass place (not o'briens, they charge like wounded bulls). Get the glass cut to the size you need and just ask the dude to stone the edges to remove burrs and sharp bits..... polishing is an unneccessary expense, unless you just get the one edge done you might scrape your arm or snake on.

You can buy 5mm window track at bunnies in the isle where curtain rods and stuff are.

As someone said, toughened glass has to be cut and stoned before hardening, then it can no longer be modified. If you want to go to a glazier and come home that same day with your glass, just get 5mm float..... easy and good.;)

edit: Its cheap too, I paid recently $35 for 2 pieces of 5mm float 595 x 640 with the edges stoned :) Cheaper than getting yourself stoned :shock::lol:

BTW, glass (other than laminated) is easy to cut if you are not trying to cut a tiny amount off one edge. ie, to trim 3mm off one edge is really hard, whereas cutting a 600mm piece in half is a breeze.

Can you please PM me as to where you got this from? I am just up at Mapleton and have purchased a book case I am converting and struggling to find glass. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back