Is eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Al these stories about not eating are a bit depressing but a 3 yo girl jungle I have, has just taken her first meal since I purchased her on the 4/06/04 (today is 31/08/04, only two months :shock: seems much longer). And it is he first first thawed mouse, her previous owner only feed her live food.

Wasn't so much persistance and patience but timing. When I got her she went into a small cage and has been cooled. I upped the temp a few weeks ago and first offered her a mouse last week, which was refused with absolute no intrest. Tonight I offered her a mouse, which was again refused with again no interest. Ten minutes later I offered her a warmer mouse and bang .... a fed snake :D

I think that there are distinct feeding seasons with snakes, we are just leaving the aneroxic season and moving into the stuffing season. About Xmas the slowdown season starts and eventually fades back into the aneroxic season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back