Is Glass hard to cut?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1woma

Reaction score
I have some glass here but need to cut it to size, could i do it myself?

You could but you would need a glass cutter. What thickness is it?

about 5mm thick......it was a glass shelf from a china cabinet.

Does it have a sticker on it saying "tempered glass" or something. I wouldn't bother with it. If it's only 5mm a piece would cost you 20$ cut to size
Cutter would cost more.

no It doesnt have a sticker..... its a pretty old cabinet. Im waiting on somene to get back to re a price for cutting it but im som impatient lol. if thats all its going to cost i'll just pay instead of taking the chance i'll stuff it up.

Im in SA but thanks for the hint, never thought about you tube

My attempts have been more like score and smash! You need a good glass cutter, and the right glass.

ive never had too much trouble. 1 outta 10 crack where i didnt want it :) cost me 12$ for my glass cutter from bunnings. just make sure you dont repeadly keep scoreing the glass

oh well i have a few shelves to use..... i mite give it a go first and if it doesnt work i'll have to pay for glass..... im such a cheap skate lol

Older glass is more likely to chip and it is hard to cut of small amounts of say less than 30 mm. Only score the glass once and make sure you ware eye protection, particularly with old glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back