Is it an Aussie????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Saw this on arp site, ive never seen one, are they native or some new guinea skink or something???? Gidgee skink.

reptail.jpg

same animal (sp)
gidgee_skink.jpg

Whoohoo! i want one, any class rk?
where are they found?
has anyone heard of any for sale and how much?
top pic looks like a reptilian squirrel!!!

Instar, The Gidgee Skink, egernia stoki is a rock dwelling skink found in the dryer parts of Australia. Its from the same family as Cunninghams, Hosmers and the WA Depressa's. Lovely pets and have been around for years.

Thanks for that Biguy, same climatic conditions as shinglebacks or similar i assume??

Hey inny, stokesii are great little guys. A couple of mates have them. They normally sell for around $250 each. I have a mate that can't breed them fast enough, everybody's asking him for them. They are pretty cool little guys eh.

They sure are Huggy, i've never seen them before! very odd but cool looking! On my shortlist now ! :D

Good feeling that for the first time, something odd I want IS native and obtainable!! yippee!!!

Here is a pic of one I found on a herp trip out to Camerons corner.

Cool, thats cute as, looks like a really short head, or is it just the angle? :D That would be newborn? very young anyway?

Thought it looked a bit like depressa...

No Browns, they come from WA and the western side of NT. Very similar though but smaller.

This little guy was found right on their "limits" in the corner of NSW. It is most likely Egernia stokesii zellingi. He was pretty much adult size too inny. They only get to about 20cm SVL at max.

What's an integrade??? :D

"The lizard which i most hope to keep one day........the second shot is as Browns said a Egerina depressa, southern WA?, The top shot looks like Egerina stokesii?, abit red but,...maybe northern depressia, however i personaly never seen one without any black towards the tail..."

Thought it looked a bit like depressa...
Sorry Browns, I thought you were refering to my pic.

If you read the original post Inny has called them Gidgee skinks. Where did you get the pics and info from Inny? The little pic looks like depressa but I think the other is more like a stokesii.

Thanks Inny, that clears things up a bit. Although that top pic does look like depressa though.

"Wrong on both counts,... thats what i get for not reading the post properly, cheers Inny"

"Wrong on both counts,... thats what i get for not reading the post properly, cheers Inny"

Don't know about both accounts Tremain, the one in the first pic may well be depresa. It certainly appears to have a different head shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back