Is it Eastern Brown or Coastal Taipan??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol you poor thing. You got hosed. (Pardon the pun) I'll tell you the way to tell a brown from a head shot the way he should have. I could show you pictures of ten browns and you would think they are all different snakes because of thier colour.
All brown snakes have six uppar labials, and the fifth and sixth are divided by a temporal scale.
You can have that one free of charge..:lol:

I already know about this hearing at vcat and what it's all about. Each to their own method of snake handling, what method he uses is up to him. I don't care how he does it. Doesn't bother me, and probably numerous others who have done his course, otherwise they wouldn't be doing the course in the first place. I certainly knew about his method of removing venom glands from elapids, way before I did the course with him. Good Luck to him. I'm not going to jump on that discrimenation band wagon, that some of you are already on. I can make up my own mind thanks. Lets just agree to disagree. Bye Bye. Oh, and kill the post. I'm sick of it.

That sounds suspiciously like a hoser poser post..

Wouldnt be the first time the snakebuster got busted posing as someone else in support of himself! LOL

And yes, I have proof that he does this as I myself caught him out doing it on you tube, and when confronted, he removed the offending post which congratulated himself on
quote - "easily the best snake video iv ever seen! Keep up the good work! " - end quote -
The idiot forgot his username would appear next to the video comment!! PMSL!!!!

I cant speak for the many other people who caught him doing this on forums when negative comments were made about him, I can only comment on the time I caught out the hoser poser..

Its a shame that someone who has undoubtedly given to the herp community, stoops to using methods such as these, to promote himself. (not to mention spreading blatant lies about other herpers and snake bite statistics, in order to make himself look good)

blindsnake, there are people who get on these forums with 2 user names to promote themselves, i know of a few LOL. :rolleyes:

Removing venom glands from animals should be completely illegal, punishable by inprisonment. So many people focus so much on pet shops and animal breeders eg. Clover Moore. but don`t realise that there are tools like Hoser who are blatently and publicly commiting animal cruelty violations, Do people just turn a "blind eye" because they are reptiles?
I reckon if you can`t keep, handle or teach others to handle dangerously venomous animals without removing their venom glands, then don`t.

Removing venom glands from animals should be completely illegal, punishable by inprisonment. So many people focus so much on pet shops and animal breeders eg. Clover Moore. but don`t realise that there are tools like Hoser who are blatently and publicly commiting animal cruelty violations, Do people just turn a "blind eye" because they are reptiles?
I reckon if you can`t keep, handle or teach others to handle dangerously venomous animals without removing their venom glands, then don`t.

Its nothing compared to sport fishing, but normal ppl dont care about fish or snakes. I fairly sure he is quite capable of handling snakes, i cant imagine him doing surgery on a snake before he relocates it... He was also keeping the snakes before he did the surgery.
Its quite simple there are just obvious advantages to not being envenomated(like being alive and not having nasty long term health problems) most captive snakes can only possibly use their venom to kill or harm their keeper, they simply dont need it for anything else. There are obvious ethical issues for many, but lots of ppl would think its unethical to keep snakes in captivity to start with.

If you ask 'poser' about the paper he wrote on production line venomoids, he will say its all lies.. (even tho he wrote it!)

The reason nothing is done is because ppl are scared of him. Scared of his name, and scared of being taken to court. (he has done this on a few occasions)

This man presents as a classic sociopath, who is great at self promotion and defense.
If you attack him, he will do everything in his power to use what you say against you, and bring you down.
He does not hesitate to use, and abuse people (esp other herpers) to further his own cause and lies about sucesses he says only he has achieved.
Ppl like him are a disgrace to the herp world.

I could go on and on, but ill shut up now.. he just makes my blood boil.:evil::evil::evil::evil:

I can't believe people will bite the bait so easily for some noobie (more then likely an ex-member) who throws up Hoser's website.

It's pretty clear that everyone agree's this is an EBS. It appears to me that this is Carol's idea of some fun which is a pitty because visitors or other newbies may be in doubt now as to weather this is a Tai or EBS, either way it's bite can be fatal so it's not really dangerous to mistake the two for one another, easy solve, admire from a distance.
Even if eyes were an indicator wouldn't the flash alter that with IDing a snake? Provided the camera used a flash.

Mymy this thread got bigger than ben hur.! lol ............Yes I did use a flash

Each to their own method of snake handling, what method he uses is up to him. I don't care how he does it.

...I agree entirely, I like to teach my special brand of snake handling that involves taking a shovel to them PRIOR to the lesson...but to each their own...as you say Carol, it's up to the individual handler...

...you are a peanut...

I am concerned about the number of Hoser posts appearing as of late - must be getting lonely close to Christmas, or it could be that he's off his meds again...

OK so you like or don't like Hoser, it's a Brown, you can see it in the head for those who are getting into elapids I recomend Dangerous Snakes of Australia, by Peter Mirtschin & Richard Davis.

OK so you like or don't like Hoser, it's a Brown, you can see it in the head for those who are getting into elapids I recomend Dangerous Snakes of Australia, by Peter Mirtschin & Richard Davis.

Very nice Brown. Easy to identify in a picture although in person it is generally not to easy.

Lol nice read.

Liked it when I found out that Hoser is also a Canadian slang term for "A person whose self interest often outweighs any ethical considerations". Made me laugh so hard. (Yes as you can tell I am against removal of venom, although everyone intitled to their own opion).

check hoser out on urbandictionary ..............fits to a tee lol

Yeah I have one of his books from 1989, not really a big fan, if you want to keep elapids, keep them as they are or don't do it at all, but I try not to judge, because at the end of the day my opinions are my own.

LOL!!! That snake buster guy has a vid on youtube with 2 Inland Tai's biting him, I was the 1st to comment on that twat. God he's a loser! I think that may be what some of you are talking about. The ones that had their venom glands removed.

LOL!!! That snake buster guy has a vid on youtube with 2 Inland Tai's biting him, I was the 1st to comment on that twat. God he's a loser! I think that may be what some of you are talking about. The ones that had their venom glands removed.

you werent the first, ive commented it twice, he jjust deletes them unfortunantly, like how it trys to diss every other educational reptile program saying they arent safe!!!!!!

Oh does he lol, I was surprised no one had commented on it.
Yea I saw that at the end, he's such a tool, says that he has a perfect record of ven snake bites, and as I said in my comment, this is because he doesn't handle venomous snakes!

I am a qualified snake handler, and have been reading the reseach of one of our top herpetologists in Australia. He runs snake and reptile courses throughout ausralia, i have been issued with my snake handling certificate by him. We learnt about snake identification, capturing and handling of our venemous snakes. Breeding and keeping of reptiles and snakes, etc. If your interested go to his website www.snakebusters.com.au and have a read. Cheers Carol.

Dont know if any one has said this, just been reading through every post

IMO
Carol = Snakebuster guy, Hoser or whatever his name is, he's just promoting his website, twice so far and im only on page 3, i think.
TOOL!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back