Is it Eastern Brown or Coastal Taipan??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If as you (Carol) say, in QLD or at least in parts of QLD people refer to Taipans as Eastern Brown Snakes
in such areas what do call real Eastern Browns.

Ive heard people use some strange common names for things, but never this (and im in QLD).

Im guessing it may have been a joke about ppl thinking they are taipans because they cant id snakes. Its a bit like all the "king browns" you get in Brisbane...

hay carol you do realise that guy de venoms his snakes right??? id question anybodys knowledge who needs to do that to have elapids. now i dont own elapids so correcr me if im wrong but buy de venoming them it would be the same as giveing a soldiure a gun putting him on gurd duty but not giveing him any bullets. never mind the fact if you dont have the level of competancey to trust your self with an elapid you shouldnt own one imo not get the de venomed i thought that was illeagal in australia anyway.

never mind the fact he does it so he can allow the public to get closer to them what a tool that guy i believe the article i just read said that he wants to be able to hold more than one elapid during shows and allow people to come closer than three meters. so for what im getting for his own finacial and egotastical benefit he mutilates snakes not the kinda guy id trust to train me.

Just putting this out there.

Perhaps instead of bickering and ridiculing - one could educate and maybe start a thread with how to accurately identify vens with pics etc and make it a sticky. Since there are so many experts on here (myself excluded) it shouldn't be hard to do this.

i agree =)

stop it carol!!! my ribs are hurting and i think a little bit of pee just came out.
heres one of our local tiapans(or as we apparently call them up here ,eastern browns .pmsl)
cheers
simon

Attachments

• tiapan1.jpg
    tiapan1.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 118
  • tiapan2.jpg
    tiapan2.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 109
stop it carol!!! my ribs are hurting and i think a little bit of pee just came out.
heres one of our local tiapans(or as we apparently call them up here ,eastern browns .pmsl)
cheers
simon

Now, now Simon, don't let the poor girl think that your incontinence is her fault....we've all seen what happens to you after a few ;)

Those "browns" look familiar....

Its all too easy for a few of you to give an opinion. But a few need to get there facts straight on a few things before assuming they know so much about a particular snake handler. He has had a lot more experience with reptiles than most of the younger ones who are posting rubbish. Yes, some of his snakes are venemoid. I think people should be keeping an open mind on these things, instead of slandering someone you have never met and know nothing about. I will re-phrase a few things that I posted. One I was told that people sometimes mistake Taipans as Eastern Browns and visa-versa. Also down here in Melbourne, people have wrongly identified snakes. Some have thought they have a tiger snake on their property, when it's a copperhead. The tiger snake is a more well built snake, than the copperheads. We have a lot of copperheads here in The Dandnong Ranges. Who said it's illegal to de-venomise snakes. I could open up a can of worms here, but I'm not going to. I found the course very informative, and so have the numerous others that have booked in for the course with him. He has also exposed a lot of corrupt people by writing about the truth in some of his well known books. I have studied and read a lot of his reptile reports over the years. This man is no dummy, when it comes to reptiles. Try to have an open mind on some things before you post and find out the facts, without hearing it from others who are probably envious of all this man has achieved. I found him very informative. He has shown us another way of handling and capturing snakes with very little risk of being bitten.,compared to some of the methods I have seen people use. He must be doing something right, his booked constantly for his snake shows and reptile courses. I know some handlers who run courses and they claim that they have had a number of years experience, when they have only had 5 or 6 years at it. I have learnt a safe and easy way of capturing snakes, and it certainly isn't using tongs on the snake, or hooks for that matter. It was shown that using the hook method to capture a snake doesn't always work that well either. I have learnt a much easier way of picking up and handling snakes, and with less risk of being bitten than some of the other methods. All his snakes look healthy and happy to me, and are well looked after. Including the venemoid snakes in his care. What about the people whio kill snakes at random, especially up the bush, and don;t think twice. Now that's cruel. Cheers Carol.

Its all too easy for a few of you to give an opinion. But a few need to get there facts straight on a few things before assuming they know so much about a particular snake handler. He has had a lot more experience with reptiles than most of the younger ones who are posting rubbish. Yes, some of his snakes are venemoid. I think people should be keeping an open mind on these things, instead of slandering someone you have never met and know nothing about. I will re-phrase a few things that I posted. One I was told that people sometimes mistake Taipans as Eastern Browns and visa-versa. Also down here in Melbourne, people have wrongly identified snakes. Some have thought they have a tiger snake on their property, when it's a copperhead. The tiger snake is a more well built snake, than the copperheads. We have a lot of copperheads here in The Dandnong Ranges. Who said it's illegal to de-venomise snakes. I could open up a can of worms here, but I'm not going to. I found the course very informative, and so have the numerous others that have booked in for the course with him. He has also exposed a lot of corrupt people by writing about the truth in some of his well known books. I have studied and read a lot of his reptile reports over the years. This man is no dummy, when it comes to reptiles. Try to have an open mind on some things before you post and find out the facts, without hearing it from others who are probably envious of all this man has achieved. I found him very informative. He has shown us another way of handling and capturing snakes with very little risk of being bitten.,compared to some of the methods I have seen people use. He must be doing something right, his booked constantly for his snake shows and reptile courses. I know some handlers who run courses and they claim that they have had a number of years experience, when they have only had 5 or 6 years at it. I have learnt a safe and easy way of capturing snakes, and it certainly isn't using tongs on the snake, or hooks for that matter. It was shown that using the hook method to capture a snake doesn't always work that well either. I have learnt a much easier way of picking up and handling snakes, and with less risk of being bitten than some of the other methods. All his snakes look healthy and happy to me, and are well looked after. Including the venemoid snakes in his care. What about the people whio kill snakes at random, especially up the bush, and don;t think twice. Now that's cruel. Cheers Carol.

Since your mind is open then perhaps you may enjoy learning something from reading some info found here.Seems like the only person at the hearing to actually believe anything he had to say was himself.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/vic/VCAT/2008/2035.html

carol you would be a great advertisement if you got past the proof reader.

Just putting this out there.

Perhaps instead of bickering and ridiculing - one could educate and maybe start a thread with how to accurately identify vens with pics etc and make it a sticky. Since there are so many experts on here (myself excluded) it shouldn't be hard to do this.

Do it then..

Also. This thread was a great read so glad i now know that the Snake on the first page is indeed a Taipan, thanks Carol, I'll take your word over every single other person who has commented on this thread so far! :rolleyes:

I am afraid I am going to have to disagree with every one and say:

Thats Defiantly a keelback, Mate.

Wish some of you who post could back up your accusations. I'd like to hear them. Yeh, I think kill this thread, it's full of narrow mindedness by some. Cheers Carol.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back