Is my ewd gravid? or just a pig!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudgudgeon

Reaction score
I have two EWDs, about 20months old, one male, one female in the same enclosure.
The female has rapidly gained weight recently. She's been dominating the bigger male recently and hogging the food.
The male was very sick recently and the female has dominated him since.
The female is regularly head bobbing and arm waving at the male, and chases him off the basking spot.

The female is very plump, and when gently feeling her tummy, I think I can feel a small firm lump which I'm wondering if it's an egg.

How long does it take them to develop a clutch of eggs? Apart from getting fat, what other signs of her being gravid will I see?

The fatty-boombah :)
IMAG0174.jpg

Looks completely different to her brother of the same age. Different head shape, different coloring, big difference in size. The male was 250grams, female only 160grams, same age.

Female on left.

IMAG0137.jpg

Last edited:
pic didnt work...first instinct based on pic and description of behavior is your 'female' is a dude..its ok lady gaga can get away with it so your ewd should be fine lol

Slightly better pic, but still not great.

Female on the left, male on right.
He has brilliant red chest; much larger, broader, heavier head; large pronounced spines down the back of his neck; dark stripe from his eye back down the side of his neck; broader chest; much thicker limbs; much darker stripes on his shoulders and back; until recently he was almost 1.5times the weight of her (he was sick and I almost lost him).

They were almost identical in size and shape until he hit puberty at about 8-9months old.

If she's a he, I'm never going to Thailand for a holiday :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back