Is their any herp vets on the GC.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
Hi all, My snake is happy and healthy but for future references is their any herp vets on the GC?

*Other than this one old man in currumbin who I have a story to tell you about... ;)
Anyways long story short I accidentally hurt my two ducks... and booked an appointment with him. About 5km away my car ran out of petrol and we were stuck with no fuel nor phone reception. End of story we get their very late told him the story, we filled out some forms and he said just go wait in the car I will come out and get you when I am done with my current appointment. 1 1/2 hours later of sitting in the car with ducks (mind you they hadn't drank for ages, and it was a blaster that day!) and constantly going in and seeing him chin wagging away completely off topic, we left. I feel he only did that to spite me for being late when it wasn't even my fault...
*Part two...
When I got home I decided to relieve my chest to my neighbour... she too had a funny story about him. In short again she got charged weeks wroth of pay, so she decided to call her parrots; Goldie, Nugget and Jewel. < Not that funny but you get the point...

Putting those stories aside is their any herp vets on the Gold Coast?

I went to see him yesterday. I would be interested to hear other peoples stories of him also. I went up to have two snakes sexed but he said he would be doing me and injustice just sexing them and not giving them a check up. While I was happy about this as he found they had a fairly common parasite which is easily treated he did talk and talk and talk which left what should have been a half hour consult to an hour and a half. Needless to say he charges by the hour.

hinterland veterinary surgery, Station St Nerang, vet name is Ross
8umana3e.jpg

I was told by a lady at a pet shop today there is a vet at Coomera who has experience with Snakes, I think it was either The Pet Lounge or The Vet Lounge.

I went to see him yesterday. I would be interested to hear other peoples stories of him also. I went up to have two snakes sexed but he said he would be doing me and injustice just sexing them and not giving them a check up. While I was happy about this as he found they had a fairly common parasite which is easily treated he did talk and talk and talk which left what should have been a half hour consult to an hour and a half. Needless to say he charges by the hour.

Out of curiosity did he show you the parasites?

Is this guy the vet I recommended in another post recently? Although I haven't been to this vet in 7+ years (minimum), I only had good experiences. At the time, he kept and bred jungles himself. As for the comment re the vet in Coomera, I used to work with a girl named Marion who was studying veterinary science, and she was keen on reps! Pretty sure she lived in that area of the Goldie too. Once again, that was some time ago.

I visited the Michael Woodcock at the The Vet Lounge in Coomera tonight I found him very good and he was literally half the price of another recent vet I went to for the identical consult/treatment. He wasn't interested in making me come back for treatments which I could provide to my snakes at home myself for the sake of another consult fee. Overall they seemed like a great team and this time I left pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back