Is this normal coloration for a hatchy scrubby?!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scleropages

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I thought scrubbys start off with no pattern and it develops in the first few months....
Mine are around 5 months old now and all look like this
(pic is just after one shed last night)

I am guessing the screwed up incubation caused this with the pattern/faded color and it wont be genetic.
I am happy with them but just wondering if everyone else's 4-5 month old scrubbys look like "normal" scrubbys but that age, I got my adults around the same age as their babys are now but they had normal patterns/colors compared to these.

fa2a7bbe.jpg

c6dc306a.jpg

274aa62b.jpg

Very cool, I have seen this type of pattern in the wild but not as reduced. I am a little lost with the comment regarding black :?. As for a possible morph all I can say is 20 odd years ago when I was a kid I told an adult collector that I was interested in a green colored Bearded dragon (yes they are out there - in the wild) and was told that a bearded is just a bearded and considering color forms was nonsense - now there are white phase, red phase, pink phase etc. Morphs come about when people are willing to look out for the anomalies. Personally I think it is a cool looking snake and you may have something going there then again maybe it's not reproducible either way if you are planning to sell any pm me. I think a lot of morphs go unnoticed due to the aussie mentality towards any one willing to step out and try. I have some "stuff" that I suspect will get the nay sayers going when revealed.

Very cool, I have seen this type of pattern in the wild but not as reduced. I am a little lost with the comment regarding black :?. As for a possible morph all I can say is 20 odd years ago when I was a kid I told an adult collector that I was interested in a green colored Bearded dragon (yes they are out there - in the wild) and was told that a bearded is just a bearded and considering color forms was nonsense - now there are white phase, red phase, pink phase etc. Morphs come about when people are willing to look out for the anomalies. Personally I think it is a cool looking snake and you may have something going there then again maybe it's not reproducible either way if you are planning to sell any pm me. I think a lot of morphs go unnoticed due to the aussie mentality towards any one willing to step out and try. I have some "stuff" that I suspect will get the nay sayers going when revealed.

I kept 3 out of the only 5 that survived( sorry keeping the last 3)... all 5 are like this , including the 2 that have been re-homed, I'll have to tell them they may "never color up normally" I guess..

Green bearded dragon.

That makes me a sad Panda! Oh well you now know who to contact if you change your mind (I am open to swaps, wait till you see what I've got coming up soon).
As for the Green bearded, yep they are out there I even have a good idea of the location in NSW they were collected. They were quite dark and grass green (no you did not need grass to see them 8)). I spoke to a friend a few years ago about them and he said that he remembers seeing one on a TV show called a Country practice.
I spent a lot of time in the field as a kid looking for herps and have traveled to every state except NT and I have seen some interesting critters including bearded dragons with yellow and pink on pale cream backgound and my most memorable was a Blue blotched blue tongue. If only I knew about morphs back then.

I've seen wild bearded dragons which have had a fair bit of green on them, but not the whole lizard, probably 10-15% of the body at most. Not bright green, fairly dull, but a very obvious green, not a 'sort of olive green'.

The Scrubby doesn't look normal to me (Cool stuff! :) ) Hopefully they'll turn out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back