It felt right

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
It just felt right.
The radar showed a strong storm front and it was hot and humid. So Tuesday nights herping was moved forward a night.
Boy, was that a good move, in the first 500 meters I got a BTS and two SES. But better was yet to come as shown below.

Interestingly while trying to photo the last snake a bloke a bloke in a ute pulled up and said "that's a little Stephens" ( which it was ). What a pleasant change from the normal "kill, kill, kill, shovel, shovel, shovel" response I normally get.

As it was so hot and humid the animals were very uncoopertive.

Then it didn't feel right.

So I u-turned and headed home. By the timeI got out of the forest there was a gale blowing and it was pounding all sorts of animals. Took longer to get home as the highway was a river andd I was only game to occasionally reach 80 kph.

What a great night.

Attachments

• DSC_2337.JPG
    DSC_2337.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_2344.JPG
    DSC_2344.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_2346.JPG
    DSC_2346.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_2353.JPG
    DSC_2353.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_2362.JPG
    DSC_2362.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 123
You always get some great pics Fuscus.
Keep them comming, I enjoy your herping threads.
Cheers Andy.

Good stuff! I might go tomorrow, forecast is the same as today.
Got the edge of the storm here, was hoping to get hammered but there's always tomorrow night!

once again well done fuscus! you always have great pics and a story to go with it! i only hope one day my herping trips become successful as yours! (mind you all mine are done in a 4x4) :p

Looks like fun. It has already cooled at night here in the 'Gong so not much good for night driving.

Your Bandy-bandies were very nice ... always pleasant to see.

Regards,
David

Was having an day off with the missus yesterday down at Surfers...was surprised to see a juvenile Bandy Bandy dead in the carpark right near Cavill...those things will live anywhere!

I wanted to go, but didn't get home till after 7, plus a good storm hit my usual spot dropping 43mm of rain, and the temp dropped to 17*c, must have hailed, by the time I got there everything would have packed up.

Did you get any pics of the Stephens?

Nice pics, out of all the bandy bandys I've had I've never seen one loop, maybe I've got to piss them off a bit more :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back