Its happening !!! The CASTLE HILL REPTILE EXPO - 13 FEB 2011

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petpages

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just like to announce again that we have approval and will be
holding a REPTILE EXPO at the Castle Hill Sports Stadium on 13th
February 2011. The venue is located on the opposite side of
Showground Road about 300 metres from where the Frog and Reptile Expo
was previously held. See link below.

Reptiles - Home

Please note that the Castle Hill Reptile Expo is being held at CASTLE HILL, NOT Homebush Bay as reported by someone ! The Frog and Reptile Show will be at the Easter Show (Homebush Bay) in late April ? and is NOT connected with the Castle Hill Show.

About the Venue:

Fred Caterson Reserve at Castle Hill is a large multiple sports
facility covering a total of 58 hectares. The reserve features five
soccer fields or three cricket fields, cricket practice nets,
baseball field, ten tennis courts, a BMX track, remote control car
track and a basketball stadium.

http://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/IgnitionSuite/uploads/docs/Fred%
20Caterson%20Reserve%20aerial.pdf

NSW National Parks have been very helpful and cooperative in issuing
the first expo approval that is not affiliated with a reptile society or club.

We see this as a great step forward.

The expo will include commercial vendors selling products and
breeders selling reptiles.

There is plenty of parking and the stadium includes a canteen where food and drink will be available. We appreciate your support for this event and hope to see you all there.

thanks,

The expo organizers :D

Just a question...will there be animals on show to be judged..or just what is there for sale??

OH WHAT ?!?!?!?!

So this is SEPERATE to the Easter show ?!?!?!?!?

AMAZING !!!!

yes, yes & Yes :)
woohoo,. so pleased we have another expo in Sydney
Should be a great day.

Good Work Adrian

The Castle Hill Reptile Expo will be based on the European and American model of a reptile expo. i.e., live reptiles and products for sale but no competition or judging. It is intended as get-together to catch up with mates and an opportunity to shop for products and animals - all under the one roof. Set-up for vendors will be from 4pm on Saturday 12 February 2011. There will also be a Spit Roast at the venue on Saturday night from 7pm. Everyone is welcome - but there is a limit of 100 people for this. Cost for the spit roast is $20 per person. This is as cheap as we could make it. The EXPO will run all day (9am to 5pm) on Sunday 13 February 2011. There will be a door prize of one pair of het albino childrens pythons. Cost for a breeders 'booth' including table with dimensions of 2.4m x 750mm will be $150. For more info please visit Australian reptiles for sale, licences, clubs, breeders and reptile expo
and check out the video. 2011 Castle Hill Reptile Expo

If you want a breeders table, we ask that you pay a 50% deposit
(or 100% if you prefer).

Not that long I asked our members wheather it was a good idea or not to have the Frog and Reptile Expo held when the Sydney royal easter Show the response was mixed here is the link below

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-discussion-42/sydney-wild-expo-2011-merges-148210/

This thread was viewed by 1161 viewers of this thread in total !

A Poll was added to it.

With 67 viewers taking part in the poll the results were

27 said Yes they looked forward to the merge with R E S or 40.30%

40 Said No ( including myself ) to the trial merge with R E S or 59.60%

I am glad that someone other than me believes that this move was a poor one !

Welcome (no links thanks)to the world of expos and events !
I will be there to support your first event and every event there after !

Prior to the event i will contact my reptile network of friends and suggest they come to support the event but not only that but the industry !
i am in the events industry ! please contact me if you want anything or need any help !
I look forward to meeting you at the show !

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such club as the Southcoast Herpetological Society. It is the Illawarra Reptile Society Inc.

The Riverina club does not exist any more.

You will also find that Macarthur has changed to Reptile Club and not Herpetological as well.

2011 Castle Hill Reptile Expo

Hi REPTILIAN-KMAN and thanks for your supporting comments re: the 2011 Castle Hill Reptile Expo. To answer your question. We will be asking for pre-payment of the $20 for the spit roast and we will be posting some bank account details shortly.

The more expo's the better, I will definately be there:)

What expo is run like a circus?
Wild Expo, since when does Koalas and wallabys on display have anything to do with reptiles? or big gay looking dinosaur suit worn by some goon trying to scare kids but getting in the road more then creating entertainment!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is called 'Wild Expo'....not 'Reptile Expo'.
I actually think that it was excellent.

The Wild Australia Expo
Australian Frog & Reptile Show

Thats the actual name of the expo. As a person who ran a stall I found that 80% of people are just tyre kickers, this new expo should have more herpy people making it a more relaxed and comfortable environment for both me and all the reptiles!! Each to there own though Fay, I like Bulldogs you like Danes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back