It's happening

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that she does not look hormonally blue in the pic of her in the lay box... or is it that the pic doesnt show it well ??

Interesting that she does not look hormonally blue in the pic of her in the lay box... or is it that the pic doesnt show it well ??

Congo its a different female. The female pictured above is a sister to the one in the nest box.

so is this the mite phase?? with more of the black flecks?. How are the styro box's working? do you find eggs sticking to much to the styro etC?

It's a good question - what constitutes mite phase? Heavily spotted or just a few specks on the neck? In my opinion, whole scales should be black, not just parts of it and the black scaling should be there from OCC till the end of their lives, but, it some cases they appear and disappear, it's just my opinion. I would call the blue(ish) one mite phase but not the other one (with the eggs).
What do other people think about criteria for a mite phase GTP?

The styro box works well, the eggs don't stick to it, besides, I take the eggs out as soon as they're laid.

Last edited:
Hi michael i would class your last pic as a mite phase, they need to have a fair amount of black scaling in my books.

Also as you would know young gtps can have some form of black scaling but as they mature the black fades away, a lot of people have brought gtps as mite phase and a year later its gone.
Nick and Rex stock have some amazing mite phases and i hope over the years they produce some crackers if they have not done so already.

A very nice mite phase. (not mine)

Attachments

• 601241_430038940350290_171038484_n.jpg
    601241_430038940350290_171038484_n.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
sorry should of worded my Q better - I know they are different animals but i was just asking if the girl in the nest box went hormonally blue? and it just doesnt show in that pic ? as i know 'most' girls turn shades of blue.

Wow the sister looks fantastic as well. And that patterning is just wow Greenmad! :shock: Gorgeous.

It's a good question - what constitutes mite phase? Heavily spotted or just a few specks on the neck? In my opinion, whole scales should be black, not just parts of it and the black scaling should be there from OCC till the end of their lives, but, it some cases they appear and disappear, it's just my opinion. I would call the blue(ish) one mite phase but not the other one (with the eggs).
What do other people think about criteria for a mite phase GTP?

The styro box works well, the eggs don't stick to it, besides, I take the eggs out as soon as they're laid.

criteria in my books should be entires black scales.... not just partial.

Genetically proven :p

Juviniles to go to poggle :p

sorry should of worded my Q better - I know they are different animals but i was just asking if the girl in the nest box went hormonally blue? and it just doesnt show in that pic ? as i know 'most' girls turn shades of blue.

congo, this is her first clutch, so she hasn't turned as blue as some other individuals do. There is no set rule, some do some don't. BTW, I am glad because I prefer her vivid green and yellow colours.

Thanks Waterrat... i was told not all go blue. Whats the % of girls that do go blue roughly about 70% ??

lol u sure about that ;)

Definitely! I bet you the offspring will have some black scales on them, it's called called "mite phase". I am not black, I don't have mites and my development is complete.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back