Jumping beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie25

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This might sound like a really silly question but i have noticed over the last couple of weeks that one of my beardies has been jumping at his heat lamp and banging his head on it.
I have now lifted it so he cant reach it but wanted to know if there could be a reason why he is doing this?

really, would never had guessed that. I actually have both my dragons side by side in the same enclosure, seperated by glass. even when i put them together they just lie on top of eachother but don't normally get aggressive. interesting...

But the one in the reflextion is showing aggression when the attacker is......and not backing down like a "real" dragon would. Aggressive behaviour is constantly happening in tanks with multiple dragons, it's just humans don't see it or understand it. Sitting on top of each other is a form of dominance.

Oh ok, thats funny as the one that sits on the other one is heaps smaller. Pretty sure they are both males too.

Thanks Jason, you seem to always have the answers

If you have that sort of size difference, Keep them seperated untill mature, they are certainly not friends, eventually the smaller one will loose a limb at best.

I noticed the size difference straight up so i seperated them when they were about 2 months old.
I built a huge enclosure so had no problems dividing the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back