jungle problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptilianGuy

Reaction score
k here's how it is..... my jungle hasn't fedd for 2 months now when he was a gr8 feeder.... when i moved to victoria he had 2 adult mice.... on the trip bout half way down he threw up 1 mouse after 2 days...
since the move he hasn't eaten, has shown some interest in the last week with a live rat, but never struck it... this will work if he refuses to eat. anyway. today he was offered a thawed and warmed mouse.... he struck it and coiled, then started to go about heating, then he just droped it after getting just past the head. he did this a couple times... 5-7 i think
he's in good health still and healthy sheds and doesn't seem stressed.... only thing i see goin wrong is the fact he's stoped eating... i'm not to concerned about the food intake, but i am concerned with his latest act with droping the food after so far???
heat is average 28-31 each day as well so it shouldn't be a heat issue and yes i know that jungles are pains to feed sometimes, he's trailed me alot

any credible advise would be appreciated

Why did you feed your snake while you were moving? I don't see how you can provide sufficient heat whilst moving interstate.

Why did you feed your snake while you were moving? I don't see how you can provide sufficient heat whilst moving interstate.

yeah my bad... it wasn't a planed moved and was very last minute i was ment to move 1 week after the day i did but things came up and forced the hand.... the trip was 2.5 days all were fed basically 2 nites before the move came up and everything else is fine. he's the only concerning 1 atm

and the heat issue was fine, i had them in my large esky (and seperate bags and baskets) and that was kept around 28c with only 2c diference either way

He may be more sensitive to the temperatures or stress then your other snakes. I have also heard that some snakes don't really feed for a long while after regurgitating food (especially after it's been partially digested). Just keep at it, and try not to stress him too much.

Once he takes the mouse, just leave him and place a sheet over the cage, if undisturbed he will eventually eat the mouse, you may have to try a few times. Also make sure the prey is properly thawed and that it isn't too big.

cheers guy's. have tried most of the suggestions except the sheet. thanks for the help and tips. much appreciated

my new favourite trick is to place the snake in a plastic tub then get a heat cord wrap it in a tight circle like the size of the food your trying to feed him, place it under the plastic tub then place the food right on top of it inside the tub. Close the door to the room and come back in 1 hour!!! Viola snake has now eaten!!!

Have you tried Braining it or making it bleed, my jungle wouldn't take his food at first, but I've tried both of those and it works perfectly ;)

Cheers,

Jordan.

my new favourite trick is to place the snake in a plastic tub then get a heat cord wrap it in a tight circle like the size of the food your trying to feed him, place it under the plastic tub then place the food right on top of it inside the tub. Close the door to the room and come back in 1 hour!!! Viola snake has now eaten!!!

that could be a possible fire hazard,
on my lighting course (yes at 15 ive done a lighting course as well as a sound and stage set up course (school paid for it as we got a new hall i was 1/4 people picked in the school but anyway
with excess extension cable the man training us said it was dangeruos having them in a circle and they needed to be in a figure 8 style just my 2 cents.

good luck

well i tried some of the options given in here, thanks guy's however these didn't work for me. i did try something new and i believe it has played a role in him finally eating like a champ again other than just plain hungry...

i figured that they come from a humid environment so therefore i thought add humidity and give it a shot..., well i think thats the main factor in him now eating again. i used a spray bottle and had it spayed about 5-6 sprays into the enclosure each day to raise the humidity for him... i did this for about 2 weeks before offering him food again and he's now back to his normal feeding pattern.

again thanks for all the advise

mate I'd stop eating if you took me to Victoria !
but seriously, a healthy snake can go for quite long periods without food, it probably just needed some time to forgive you for taking it to Victoria LOL

all the best with it !

cheers HK.

C'mon, Vic's not that bad.
After all, I love here.

LOL you love there or live there ? either way - no way does it compare to the beautiful tropics of N/Q, you can keep that 4 season's in one day stuff ! LOL

cheers HK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back