Just a Hatchling...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have always loved snakes and other reptiles...and most anything I could manage to find...as a kid I always had a "Pet Habitat" or "Bug Catcher" full of creepy crawlies and started off keeping Garden Skinks caught from the backyard (my brother and I even successfully...accidentally...bred some)...

My dad always encouraged us and we kept a Beardie for a short while and a number of Blue Tongues after that...all I ever wanted was a snake....but unfortunately that's where Mum drew the line and I always told her that as soon as I moved out I would buy a snake...

I am now 23 and bought a house with my girlfriend in South West Sydney (out Camden way) a couple of months ago...first stop was a dog, I now have a 6mth Great Dane (I haven't been without a dog since I was 1y/o so it was a priority)...next step, the snake I've always wanted...

I have sent off my licence application and been cruising the forums and websites for a while now, getting as much info as I can...and most importantly have finally convinced my girlfriend... :D

...One condition though, the enclosure has to look good and fit in with the exisiting furniture...this means a couple of things, I will get a great looking enclosure and my snake will be spoilt, but also means I will be paying through my teeth to get one she finds acceptable...the prices we pay I guess...

Anyway, as soon as I have my setup installed and running successfully for about a week I will be looking for my first snake (a Bredl seems to be the choice for me) and I guess you'll see me quite actively around for a bit...

~Aslan~

Welcome, goodluck enclosure shopping :D, i dont think ikea make them

Not sure if I have it ALL worked out but trying to sort out as much as possible as early as possible... ;)

I only got my licence today, and I got my snake today as well :) I already had her on hold! Tennille is making my enclosure for me, and setting everything up for me! So I'll have it on Sunday I hope.

At the moment my hatchy "Ziggy" is in a click clack container. I haven't handled her yet, but I love her, she's awesome to watch and has beautiful markings :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back