Just checking I have everything right!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto, pebbles are out.

We have built an enclosure that is 180cms high with 2 separate enclosures (90cms each) and about a meter wide/deep. I have wooden base painted to seal the timber against any spills. Small bird aviary wire for sides and a pvc door. I have also run about 8cms of PVC around the bottom edge (with a silicone seal to base) to keep the substrate in so I am not spending every waking hour vacuuming!
How do you clean the fake grass? Vacuum? dust pan and brush? Do you replace the sand every 4 weeks or just take it out and then rinse/dry?
I would like to try and replicate their natural environment as much as possible. I realize they are bred in captivity but I would prefer to have an enclosure that is aesthetically pleasing as well as mimicking nature.

For the fake grass, get 2 pieces for each enclosure. When its clean time, you whip one out and chuck the clean one in. Then just hose of the dirty one and let it dry in the sun. That was the easiest way i found when i used grass for abit :)

Soory guys another question: she just ate 4 small crickets dusted in calc! I hand fed her, so cute :D Is that enough? she kept closing her eyes when I offered the 5th....I normally take that as they are full?
Is this a good size amount for her? Or should I be feeding more?

Cheers guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back