Just starting out

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5avage

Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out and Im getting my first snake in a few weeks Children's Python
and I was just wanting to know what size tank and how to set it up. Any info would be great thanks.
Sav

Hatchling? Adult?

If it's a hatchie, just get a little 'click clack' (plastic container with a lid with tiny holes in it). I use one of those plastic enclosures with the fluoro covered lids that you get from the cheapie shop. (Make sure there is no way for the snakey to escapey!)
Then I have a heat mat under 1/3 of the enclosure hooked up to a thermostat set at about 30 degrees.
Then I have newspaper as the substrate, little light bulb boxes with doors cut in them, a little bowl of water and a treated stick for my spotted to climb on.

If it's an adult you could go a 2 or 3 foot x 45cm x 45cm enclosure made from pine or melamime with glass sliding doors. Heat lamp hooked up one end set to the same temp with a thermo. And bigger hides and bigger sticks for it!

Hope that was a good enough description for you! :D

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back