Juvenile Brown Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sydney (and greater area I have found hatchy browns strongly banded and just nape banded, have seen young browns without almost always but have found one about a metre with a band (not very priminet)

Only found one (1) hatchy without a banded body, but have found heaps of hatchys so this in itself shows variation, and if you see Mirtschen's venom book look at the variation of the western's in one clutch.

nb never seen a confirmed wild western, but have always wanted a modesta.

Yeah iv had banded and non banded come from the same clutch of eggs. I think it was 4 non banded and 2 banded from memory.

I have had so many call outs for "tigers" in this area it's not funny. I have not caught one yet! Once whilst fishing I watched an adult textilis moving at great speed leap 4ft up a post to enter it's shelter in the top of the post (hollowed). It was being chased by some boys and passed very close to me. It was quite stripey (narrow black bands on brown) however with no photos to prove I'd say I'll get crucified on this site:D. Colour variations are prominent and frequent, nature is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back